Old 04-05-2007, 03:46 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member
1992 30' Land Yacht
Bakersfield , California
Banks Power Pak

I want to install a Banks Power Pak on my 1992 LY motorhome 30 ft.with Chev 454 engine and P 30 chassis, but I'm having problems with the right front HWH leveling jack interfering with the torque tubes. The jack is mounted in the inboard mounting holes, and it looks like there is clearance to move the jack to the outboard mounting holes, but I am not sure this will provide sufficient clearance for the exhaust. Has anyone had a Banks Power Pak installed on a similar unit with HWH jacks?
Comments and/or suggestions are welcome.

CarlGeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 04:09 PM   #2
Rivet Master
1967 26' Overlander
Huntsville , Alabama
For the non-motorhome owner

What is a "Bank's power pac"? An exhaust header?

1967 Airstream Overlander International
TomW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 05:34 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member
1992 30' Land Yacht
Bakersfield , California
Banks Power Pak consists of exhaust headers, cold air intake, low restricted flow muffler and exhaust system. The exhaust headers have very long torque tubes before dumping into the exhaust pipe. Therefore the four torque tubes must run past the leveling jack thats a problem.
CarlGeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 07:10 PM   #4
Rivet Master
Commercial Member
Currently Looking...
Naples, FL , Hood River, OR

I'm a certified HWH repair center, but I'm not sure that you could move the jacks, as each mounting bracket is specifically designed to fit it's location and weight load.

You would get the best information directly from tech support at HWH directly. They are a great group and always have the right answers!!

Give them a call.
Lew Farber...RVIA Certified Master Tech...ABYC Certified Master Marine Electrician
lewster is offline   Reply With Quote