Old 02-01-2013, 11:28 AM   #15
2 Rivet Member

1994 30' Excella
1955 22' Flying Cloud
2000 31' Land Yacht
Lafayette , Louisiana
As an old "Hotrodder" I would be inclined to make the exhaust header and airflow mods at some point. I was hopping for a more immediate boost with a chip. These days I have to have these mods done and finding competent mechanics and someone who will work on a MH much less an Airstream can be a challenge.

Old 02-02-2013, 09:34 AM   #16
3 Rivet Member

2000 31' Land Yacht
Fort Erie , Ontario
For me the decision to replace the cracked exhaust headers (leaking) was made to put in the extra$ for the bank$. Also put in the super steer springs getting rid of the airbags. There is no "chip" per se, you need to reprogram the ECM to get any benefit. Oemeys has the info and co$t.

Steve

Old 02-02-2013, 11:03 AM   #17
2 Rivet Member

1994 30' Excella
1955 22' Flying Cloud
2000 31' Land Yacht
Lafayette , Louisiana
Thanks Steve, I am more likely to wait and upgrade when necessary than to make expensive performance modifications that will take years to yield a return on investment. I bet that 454 sounds good with headers, CAI and Banks exhaust though. Old "Hotrodders" never grow up. I only drive from home to the VA Clinic or Loews but my daily driver is a 93' Ford Ranger Splash 4.0L that I bought new. At about 25K miles I juiced it up a bit with a chip, headers, cat back dual side exhaust, K&N air filter, tranny kit, Roush heads, 10" American Racing Mags, 285/60 performance tires etc...That old truck still sounds good but has well over 250K miles and mostly serves as a farm truck now.
Old 02-03-2013, 07:05 AM   #18
3 Rivet Member

2000 31' Land Yacht
Fort Erie , Ontario
The headers made a big difference in the zip department. The leaky headers were chirping and the expense for removing, planing and putting it together would be the same as putting the Banks torque tubes in and is the route I made. It is a lot quieter in the cockpit. I really was not planning on burning rubber on the coach.