Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums > Land Yacht/Legacy Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-22-2013, 04:50 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1996 33' Land Yacht
RANCHO CORDOVA , California
Auto Park update

I finally got my Auto park fixed. Jose overhauled the leaky actuator and we also had to replace an erratic cam switch up behind the dash. (access by cutting a hole high in the drivers side wheel well). GM part #15961561. My rig is a 96 Airstream with auto park plus a foot operated park brake. Getting to the switch was a real bear. Jim
zagos24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 06:12 PM   #2
2 Rivet Member

1994 30' Excella
1955 22' Flying Cloud
2000 31' Land Yacht
Lafayette , Louisiana
I was not nearly so lucky. Mine is a 2000 LY with the J72 Auto Park and Parking Brake. It went out on the Natchez Trace a couple weeks ago coming back to Louisiana from Tennessee. I am having to replace the pressure switch, Park Brake pump, pump & motor assembly, shoe set -park brake, P series Drive line park brake pressure switch, Park Brake Cylinder and drum, seal - Automatic Transmission Case Extension... at a cost North of $2200. Talked to the shop today and we are still waiting for parts. Jay
jrkeef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 07:23 AM   #3
3 Rivet Member

2000 31' Land Yacht
Fort Erie , Ontario
Jay, the AP in your coach is a J71 same as mine and would reconsider the proposed work, as it seems excessive and would get a second opinion. You did not say what failure mode you experienced.
Regards,
Steve
is.chowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 08:00 AM   #4
Rivet Master

1992 36' Land Yacht
Grayson , Georgia
Agreed with above. Seems like they're just throwing a ton of parts at a problem instead of troubleshooting the cause.
92landyacht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 02:45 PM   #5
2 Rivet Member

2003 31' Land Yacht 30
amelia island , Florida
having issues with autopark on 03 landyacht. first symptom, cruise control not working, the autopark lite on, then froze up and would not move. mechanic disconnected line underneath rig so I could limp along. When in park, still rolls so have to put up on jacks to make sure rig will not move. Help???? Acuator leaking, switch?
greenproduct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 03:09 PM   #6
2 Rivet Member

2003 31' Land Yacht 30
amelia island , Florida
Need help?
Old 06-27-2013, 09:37 PM   #7
3 Rivet Member

2000 31' Land Yacht
Fort Erie , Ontario
Snickers:

Your cruise control issue may not be an AP issue.

Work Horse bought the chassis (P32) IN NOV 1999 and continued to build for WH for "some" time.

First place to look is the RGS, "Rotten Green Switch", may be "under the hood" in your configuration. In all probability, you have the "J71" system with the majority of parts parts located there. The "green" switch may be brown in your case, same part different GM part #. Look on E-Bay.
Disconnect the electrical connector, examine and if you see hydraulic fluid there, replace the switch.

There is much info here and elsewhere. If your Vin# begins with a 5, then you are a WH chassis go to IRV2.com and click on appropriate discussion, WH/Chev.

As a resource source, check with Roger, aka Old Used Bear on the AP library, the resident expert on the J71 system . Provide pertinent details of your coach and failure mode.

Good luck

Steve
is.chowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 06:45 AM   #8
2 Rivet Member

2003 31' Land Yacht 30
amelia island , Florida
thanks Steve will do, and yes mine is J71 system.