Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-05-2014, 04:34 AM   #1
4 Rivet Member

2015 30' Flying Cloud
Currently Looking...
Evansville , Indiana
Auto Park Survey

If you have had an Auto Park failure with the Rotten Green Switch, would you mind sharing the mileage at the failure and any warning signs you had before the failure. Any other related information wouold be great.

Sam
Airstream12557 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 04:40 AM   #2
4 Rivet Member

2015 30' Flying Cloud
Currently Looking...
Evansville , Indiana
I had a failure at about 40,000 miles. About a week (900 miles before failure) the Auto Park dash light stayed on, but all systems operated normally. When the system failed, the vehicle would not move. Luckly it happened in a larger city at a camp ground. I removed the heat shield at the frame rail near the step and there was fluid leakage from the RGS. A mechanic disabled the emegency brake and I took the MH home, purchased a new RGS and had it installed and the emergency brake reactivated.
Airstream12557 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 06:27 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member

1996 30' Land Yacht
Flagler Beach , Florida
1996 Land Yacht Emergency Brake

I just purchased a 1996 30' Land Yacht and apparently the original owner had the hydraulic pump rebuilt 3 times. He eventually just took a little switch and re-routed the power to the switch and taped it to the emergency pedal lever.

He tells me he just has someone (wife) jump out and put wheel chocks under a wheel while his foot is on the brake. So in essence, there is no "park" on the RV, it is just like leaving it in Neutral.

I am not too keen with this idea, is there anyone who has had this type of "issue" with their Land Yacht class A?

Steve
Woodyacme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 06:58 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2000 31' Land Yacht
Central , Florida
My auto brake locked up in my driveway, traced problem to actuator, sent it to oldusedbear on west coast, returned less than $100, however all advice from web said replace rgs so I decided to replace it and the old adage don't fix it if it isn't broke applied.
In removing rgs the threads came out with it, needed a new adapter, not available at dealer as they only sell whole unit not parts. Checked with oldusedbear and he makes the adapter, two weeks more I had my part at $33 it was 10 times what hydraulic adapters sell for but that size not made. While checking system and researching I also came across how you can improve the system by adding lights, leds showing whether or not electric is getting to switches, when the pump is on and that system is working. More info than the idiot light on the dash will show. MH just turned 40000 but Oldusedbear said rubber o-ring in actuator changes to cheese at about 8 yrs same as tires.

NO WARNING SIGNS! Good reason for LEDs to get a warning.
DaveFL is offline   Reply With Quote