Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-27-2012, 01:29 PM   #1
Rivet Master

1992 36' Land Yacht
Grayson , Georgia
Atwood furnace removal for wall repair

I have to do some wall repair around the roadside furnace and fridge access panel. In order to do the work I'm going to have to remove the furnace to rebuild some water damaged (now saw dust) "wood". Any tips on the removal process before I get started would be greatly appreciated!

The furnace is located below the fridge. I'm hoping I don't have to remove that too. As best as I can see I need to disconnect the gas line, the interior ducts, disconnect the electricals and then remove about 10 screws. Can't really see where the electricals connect so any help there would be a plus.

92 36' Land Yacht
92landyacht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 02:14 PM   #2
65th Anniversary CLIPPER

1996 36' Clipper Bus
Tub City , British Columbia
If its an Atwood Hydro Flame it is easy to remove if you have access to the side or above. Which way is it installed? On the flat or vertical??

On my Clipper the two furnaces are installed upright.
Disconnect the wire harness plug on the top of furnace.
Shut off propane and light stove to relieve LPG pressure, shut off stove and disconnect the line on bottom of furnace.
From behind, disconnect the distribution vents.
With a power screwdriver, take out the screws holding in the furnace by bending the taps on the retainer ring.
Wiggle the furnace out.
Suggest you do a full service and inspection while you have it out.

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f313...tml#post902539

Dave
masseyfarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 04:19 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1992 36' Land Yacht
Grayson , Georgia
Mine is located flat under the fridge cabinet with no clear access on either side or above. The cabinet has a shelf that the fridge sits on just above furnace and has walls on either side. I was hoping that the wires to the thermostat and power were long enough to get to, once the unit slides out.
92landyacht is offline   Reply With Quote