Old 02-27-2010, 11:51 PM   #1

Mars , Pennsylvania
ATTN: Land Yacht Gurus -> Your opinion please: 1994 Legacy. 34' Diesel Pusher

Hi there. Please check this out and give me your thoughts:

1994 Diesel Motorhome For Sale/Trade

1994 Airstream Land Yacht Legacy. 34 Ft. Diesel Pusher.
73,000 miles. Cummins B-59 Turbo-Diesel. ONAN Marquis 6500 KV LP Gas Generator w/1,000 hrs.
Class 5 Reciever Hitch on back.

I'm open to doing some work but I am really hoping that those of you "in the know" about these wiley RV's, and Airstreams in particular, will point me in the right direction.

Thank you

Old 02-28-2010, 01:17 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1993 33' Land Yacht
Midland , Michigan
I would want to know, why the need for such a major roof repair? water damage or accident? Is there other water damage involved, for instance delamination to the side walls.
Picture of back side of MH looks like a bulge in fiberglas behind bedroom window, a problem like this can cause major interior wall damage as well. May want to get more information on this coach.

http://s1290.photobucket.com/user/gl...58808196506793
gloran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 06:50 PM   #3
4 Rivet Member

1994 35' Land Yacht Diesel
Franklin NC , North Carolina
Gloran is right, you need to know why they are redoing the roof. This one is like our 94 Land Yacht. We have an all aluminum roof that we coat with elastomeric rubber roof coating for two reasons. #1 Reflects heat. #2 Seals the seam where the aluminum roof meets the fiberglass wall cap. If that seam leaks the interior headliner,
cabinetry and the foam filled outer wall can be damaged. When the wall separates from the foam the delamination of the outer skin is a hard thing to repair.
The ad sounds good and the price is good. The seller says "professional repairs". Will that professional finish the job and leak test it?
We love ours and get 11 MPG at 65 MPH. We are always towing something and find plenty of power in the Turbo Charged 6 cylinder Cummins. We still get 11 when towing a car either flat or on our aluminum car trailer.
The shortcoming of this unit is limited space for storage down below. That shortfall is made up for by the low profile and the acceleration power. It can merge at speed on all Interstate entrance ramps.
You may have found a good one, but you need more information and a a driveable coach without a leaky roof.
Old 02-28-2010, 07:50 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2000 31' Land Yacht
Central , Florida
Who gets the fixing and garage bill?
How much of a hurry are you to go camping?
Like Paul says "driveable coach" this one is not.
Price is not the only consideration here, but it sure could change deal, if the contract isn't spelled out right.
Don't assume anything.
Old 03-01-2010, 12:31 PM   #5

Mars , Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Dobbin View Post
Gloran is right, you need to know why they are redoing the roof. This one is like our 94 Land Yacht. We have an all aluminum roof that we coat with elastomeric rubber roof coating for two reasons. #1 Reflects heat. #2 Seals the seam where the aluminum roof meets the fiberglass wall cap. If that seam leaks the interior headliner,
cabinetry and the foam filled outer wall can be damaged. When the wall separates from the foam the delamination of the outer skin is a hard thing to repair.
The ad sounds good and the price is good. The seller says "professional repairs". Will that professional finish the job and leak test it?
We love ours and get 11 MPG at 65 MPH. We are always towing something and find plenty of power in the Turbo Charged 6 cylinder Cummins. We still get 11 when towing a car either flat or on our aluminum car trailer.
The shortcoming of this unit is limited space for storage down below. That shortfall is made up for by the low profile and the acceleration power. It can merge at speed on all Interstate entrance ramps.
You may have found a good one, but you need more information and a a driveable coach without a leaky roof.
Thanks for the reply. I'm gonna wait a few weeks and see if the unit sells. After reading through this site I am a tad tentative about getting an older MH. I'll keep my ears to the tracks and see how the ol' intuition feels...