1994 35' Land Yacht Diesel
, North Carolina
Join Date: Dec 2004
Allison MD 3060
Our 94 Land Yacht with the Allison MD 3060 has had transmission shift problems twice. Here's what we learned:
1. It's all controlled by the transmission computer.
2. The Allison 800 # is a must have when traveling. They can have you
press buttons and determine the problem over the phone.
3. The computer can be affected by the battery condition.
4. Shift point are determined by two speed sensors in the transmission.
5. The computer costs $2300
6. The Speed sensors are $65.00 each. (They get dirty and malfuntion)
7. Allison has computers in all their authorized service centers that can
read the history of your MD 3060'd faults and problems.
8. See rule #2
"The Roadhouse" our Land Yachts name