Old 07-20-2014, 01:19 PM   #1
1993 33' Land Yacht
Manchester , New Hampshire
'93 Land Yacht fuel filler hose replacement

Has anyone replaced the fuel filler hose? Is this a DIY operation or is this better left to an RV shop?

davebnh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 03:00 PM   #2
Well Preserved

1974 31' Sovereign
1993 21' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
If you have a large-ish commercial floor jack and a piece of 1/2" plywood a bit smaller than the bottom of the tank, you can probably unbolt and drop the tank enough to get access to the spot the filler hose connects to the tank.
I would not recommend complete removal of the tank, if you can get away without doing it.

Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy, and taste good with ketchup.
overlander63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 08:18 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member
1996 33' Land Yacht

Here in Calif our smog check requires a pressure check of the fuel tank. My filler pipe had a leak. The repair shop had a piece of exhaust pipe bent to shape of the filler pipe. After cutting out the bad section of rubber hose he inserted the steel pipe and clamped it at both ends. Six years later it is still holding with no leakage. It was an easy fix. Jim
zagos24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 05:34 PM   #4
2 Rivet Member
2005 33' Land Yacht Gas 33
pembroke pines , Florida
fuel filler hose

dave, yes i havr replaced the fuel filler hose on my 2005 landyacht. i needed to replace mine because it was cracked and old due to south florida climate, plus it was rubbing on part of the frame. it was not overly difficult if you are somewhat mechanically inclined. to access the hose, you must go thru the last storage door which is under the fuel filler port. on mine, this was the dump station area. i actually cut part of the aluminum cover away in order to access the area needed. in retrospect, i should have drilled out the existing rivets and then replaced them upon completion. there is about 4"-5" of clearance between the holding tank and the floor of the rv to work in. the fuel filler port is metal and it extended down to where i could access the clamp that held the hose to the pipe. the hose then extends horizontally towards the center of rv where it then turned downwards to attach to another metal pipe that crossed thru/over the framed work of the rv. i had to replace this approximate 24" section. i used rated flexible fuel hose to do this. it is a very tight squeeze and i tore up my knuckles in the process (i have since learned to use mechanics gloves). it was tedious loosening and then tightening the clamps, but it was doable. do not try to acess thru floor of coach. i looked closely at this option and it spelled real trouble. i made this change 5 years ago and have not had any difficulty or fuel spillage since fixing it. i hope that this helps.
normandgrace is offline   Reply With Quote