Old 09-29-2008, 11:06 AM   #1
1991 33' Land Yacht
Green Cove Springs , Florida
'91 land yacht 33

Hi, we are new to this site and were wondering about our newly purchased motor home. If there is anyone out there with the same model-class A Land Yacht 33-We would love to talk to you about anything and everything!! Please let us know. thanks, Rich and Jeff

rnjalways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 09:58 PM   #2
4 Rivet Member
1994 35' Land Yacht Diesel
Franklin NC , North Carolina
Rich and Jeff,
You found the right site for information sharing on your Airstream motor home. Most topics, models and problems get discussed over and over.
Play with the site using search and you will learn a bunch of things that apply to your new purchase. There is also a list of topics, but the "Search" seems to be the best way to find them.
Have fun and enjoy you Airstream.

"The Roadhouse" our Land Yachts name
Paul Dobbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 09:24 AM   #3
3 Rivet Member
1995 35' Land Yacht Diesel
Noblesville , Indiana
91 LY 33ft

Hello and welcome!

I have a 95 35' diesel pusher, so don't know if it is similar to yours. First off, things break and wear out. I have had mine for four years and have done the following:

Toilet breaker valve, flusher valve and seals replaced.
New House batteries (Lifeline group 4)
New generator starter and main board
Added Banks Power Twin Ram and Stinger
Replaced battery inverter and charger with Prosine 2.0
Coated roof with EPDM rubber roof, caulked and sealed all penetrations
Added new 23" flat screen HD TV at front
New tires all around
New front A/C compressor
Rewired front maize under bonnet/added additional circuit breaker panel
Replaced Sony rear camera
Replaced dated front radio/cd player with HD radio/cd/mp3 player
Replaced entry step motor

To do:

Replace rear carpet with hardwood bamboo flooring
Fix rear quarter panel crunch (my fault)
Fix/replace dry rotted interior walls from previous water leaks.
Replace front carpet with ?
Have fun at some future date when I am not fixing things!

Good luck!
95 Landyacht
gunworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 10:52 PM   #4
Rivet Master

1987 32' Excella
Nepean , Ontario
Originally Posted by gunworks View Post
Hello and welcome!

I have a 95 35' diesel pusher, so don't know if it is similar to yours. First off, things break and wear out. I have had mine for four years and have done the following:

Added new 23" flat screen HD TV at front

To do:

Replace rear carpet with hardwood bamboo flooring
Replace front carpet with ?

Good luck!
I've had some work done on my '94 LY (also Diesel). My question is where exactly did you mount the 23" HD TV? I'm thinking of removing the front TV and mounting an LCD-type HDTV on the curb side, just above the icemaker.

As for flooring - did that! The carpet was really old and tired, so we had it ripped out and the whole floor redone with a wood-grained linoleum that looks and feels just like the snap-in hardwood flooring - except that there are no seams. The rear bed, dinette, sofa, free-standing ice-maker and the three chairs were removed. The subfloor thankfully was in excellent shape. The subfloor was covered with 1/4-inch plywood (screwed and glued to the subfloor). A template was made of the pieces that were needed (one piece from the bedroom (which is slightly higher) to the very front. The linoleum was cut to the template, then glued in place. Quarter rounds and trim (oak, finished to match the cabinets) were put in. The driver's flooring (that part at the driver's seat) was done using heavy rubber matting.

I should add that if the tires have a manufacturing date of 5 years or more, change them, irrespective of tread left, as they deteriorate internally. I had the unpleasant experience of having an inside rear tire blow out on me enroute to Bozeman. I ended up buying 7 new tires (included the spare), and the insurance covered the damage to the side of the motorhome - the force of the blowout ripped open the panel between the rear wheel and the genset, as well as broke the fender.

Your repair experience kind of mirrors mine - toilet, batteries, generator board, roof, front radio. In addition, I have the shorepower modified to go from 30-amp to 50-amp.

AIR 12148
1987 Excella 32-foot
1999 Dodge Ram 2500HD Diesel
blkmagikca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 07:14 PM   #5
1990 33' Land Yacht
Tiro , Ohio
hi i have a 1990 33 land yacht ,just got it needs work on headliner had leaks and some wall wood work needs replaced ,,have fun dean
meddean is offline   Reply With Quote