Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums > Land Yacht/Legacy Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-10-2014, 06:53 PM   #1

1994 33' Land Yacht
Twentynine Palms , California
3rd Fuse Box

Hey guys. I just bought a 1994 Land Yacht from a friend and have a few features that aren't working I figured it is a fuse. In the manual it says there are 3 fuse boxes: 1 under the step up right in front of the the removal engine compartment cover (all 20 amps), 1 under the dash on the left of the steering wheel that controls all the vehicle's lights etc, and 1 other that is supposed to also be under the dash. But I cannot find the third one anywhere. Does anyone know where this fuse box is?
cliffboaski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 08:03 AM   #2
Rivet Master

1992 36' Land Yacht
Grayson , Georgia
The "third fuse box" is actually incorporated into the one under the dash. It was confusing to me as well. Seems like they used some of the chassis fuse locations and considered that a separate fuse box since the fuses were not part of the OEM chassis configuration.

What problems are you having?
92landyacht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 08:15 AM   #3

1994 33' Land Yacht
Okay. It makes sense now. I've been going crazy trying to find this non existent fuse box. The problems I'm having are all electrical. Cruise control not working, back up camera/monitor not working, and patio lights don't work. The monitor for the back up looks to turn on, but the switch for it will not. Thanks again for the help with the fuse box!
Old 08-12-2014, 03:09 AM   #4
4 Rivet Member

2015 30' Flying Cloud
Currently Looking...
Evansville , Indiana
Cliff, are your house batteries charged? When I have mine in storage for an extended period (under a shed roof so the solar panel doesn't function) the items you mentioned do not work until the batteries are recharged. Also in this condition, the step will not retract and the refrigerator will not light on gas.

Sam
Airstream12557 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 03:19 AM   #5

1994 33' Land Yacht
Oh yea the batteries are charged. I wish it was something so simple. I checked all my fuses again too. I'm starting to think I have some faulty wiring.
Old 08-12-2014, 06:25 AM   #6
Rivet Master

1992 36' Land Yacht
Grayson , Georgia
Cruise control may be a vacuum line problem as well. I had backup camera issues too but it turned out to be a bad camera. The monitor would seem to turn on but I had no picture. Sent the camera and monitor in to a company and they determined that the camera was at fault. I'm assuming that you checked the bulb for the patio light.

The systems you've presented have no common fuse that could cause only those items to be out. I'd approach it as individual issues. If there is any commonality, you'd fix all by fixing one.
92landyacht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 04:08 PM   #7
Rivet Master

2000 31' Land Yacht
Central , Florida
I have found fuses outside of the designated boxes, not just aftermarket add ons, some are wired to what appear to be original wire bundles. 3 in front and above of the radiator, in the spagetti pile of wires under the dash.
DaveFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 10:54 AM   #8
3 Rivet Member

1991 35' Airstream 350
Beachburg , Ontario
My signal lights stopped working
I have checked fuses and flashers etc,
The 4 way flashers work but not the signals

HELP PLEASE

THANKS