Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums > Land Yacht/Legacy Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-08-2012, 08:19 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member

2003 31' Land Yacht 30
Little Britain , Ontario
30' 2002 L/Y Workhorse P32 Chassis Wiring Diagram

Really in a Pickle now. My Autopark failed for the 2nd time in a year and this one is a showstopper. The autopark runs off the chassis fuse F5 which also protects turn signals and b/u lights. Fuse blows as soon as you turn on the ignition. So now no autopark, no turn signals no b/u lights or beeper. I worked with Roger AKA the resident autopark expert and we were unable to isolate the short. Bottom line is I now need a wiring manual/diagram for the workhorse P32 chassis. Any ideas as to where I can start my search. I am willing to pay for such as this is the only solution I have.
Tom&Judy OS-2 (Only Sleeps Two)
RVtomtom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 12:48 PM   #2
1 Rivet Member

1992 31' Legacy 30
richmond , Indiana
I talked to my cousin who works for autocar in union city ind. They used to produce workhorse also until it sold. Here is his response:

I may have some contact info Monday when I can talk to our prototype man that still has Workhorse contacts. I talked to an engineer that has some experience with Workhorse. He says the harness is based on GM wiring and is similar to a pickup truck steering column wire colors will be the same. There may be 2 modules on the column, 1 for turn signals, the other for hazard. With new fuse in place try the hazards to see if fuse blows, if it doesn’t the try the hazard module in place of the turn signal modules. If it still blows fuse then unplug both and try again. If it doesn’t blow then, problem is at the steering column (turn signal switch) or further on in the circuit. Also if it is a tilt column over time a wire may have rubbed through the insulation inside the column cover and shorted out.

Hope this helps you out. I won't be back on line till next week.
rsr2216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 11:24 AM   #3
1 Rivet Member

1992 31' Legacy 30
richmond , Indiana
This is a P-30 chassis manual that might have something to help. P30 Chevrolet Motorhome Chassis Manual. Also Airstream gave me this GM number 800-222-1020. I used it last week for a A/C problem. You have a lot of promts to go thru. I used the one for personal trucks and they directed me to a rep. My chassis was a 92 (too old to have files) so they didn't have what I needed. They had a three way call with the closest heavy duty truck dealer and were very helpful.
rsr2216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 08:27 AM   #4
1 Rivet Member

2003 31' Land Yacht 30
Little Britain , Ontario
Thanks so much for your reply. I was thinking the same thing about the wiring in the steering column and yes it does have a tilt steering wheel.
I plan on eliminating this portion of the circuit this weekend and will get back with the results.
Tom
RVtomtom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 07:03 AM   #5
1 Rivet Member

Henrietta , New York
Tom,

How did you make out with this?
jshaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 01:21 PM   #6
1 Rivet Member

1998 31' Land Yacht
AURORA , Colorado
Parking brake

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVtomtom View Post
Thanks so much for your reply. I was thinking the same thing about the wiring in the steering column and yes it does have a tilt steering wheel.
I plan on eliminating this portion of the circuit this weekend and will get back with the results.
Tom
I had same problem with my 1998 Land Yacth the company that made the parking brake unit is in Moscow Iowa.I replaced everything and ended up finding the problem in the strering colum. re place all your fuss,s relays and wiring conectons and it shold work butter it is a pain in the back side for sure.
Big Denny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 04:09 PM   #7
1 Rivet Member

1997 31' Land Yacht
Northville , Michigan
Sorry to drag up an old thread. I am having the exact same problem on an '01 Workhorse P32. Did you ever find the problem?
Matt.in.MI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 03:33 PM   #8
Rivet Master

1991 25' Airstream 250
Oxford , Oxfordshire
Have a look on the Chevy truck forum or post 94 in the sticky in the classic Motorhome section of this forum. That might give you some leads

Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums
Boom Sounds is offline   Reply With Quote