Old 08-04-2012, 03:43 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member
Airstream Dealer

2002 26' Land Yacht 26
Seabrook , Texas
2002 Workhorse 26 ft Landyacht

I must be the one and only, 2002 26ft Landyacht, workhorse P32?? Never seen a nother one on the road or in this forum?
Maybe mine was made out of leftover parts? I bought 2 new Tires on the front, when i got home I saw that my hubcaps didnt sit on the weel just right. I pulled the hubcap lugs and found out they put them on with a impackt wrench. Then I saw that there was a hub spacer on the outside of the rim, That deosnt make sense to me, is that where they go?
2002 Workhorse 8.1 Vortec

Old 08-04-2012, 05:03 PM   #2
Rivet Puller

2003 28' Safari S/O
Marietta , Georgia
I don't know how many 2002 26' were sold but have seen two versions: one with a couch and the other with a dinette. Bed choice was a walk around queen or a streetside with long wardrobe curbside.

Old 08-04-2012, 07:20 PM   #3
4 Rivet Member

2005 30' Land Yacht 30 SL
Oakland County , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmamedia View Post
I must be the one and only, 2002 26ft Landyacht, workhorse P32?? Never seen a nother one on the road or in this forum?
If you call Airstream, someone there can tell you how many 26' LYG's were produced in 2002.

We have a 2005 30 footer with slide, built on the P32 chassis. There were only about 60 of ours built that year (the last year of production).

During our travels, we have only come accross another like ours two times.

When it does, it's pretty cool!

Keep your spirits up. It'll happen someday!
Michigan
Michigander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 07:29 PM   #4
4 Rivet Member

Quote:
I pulled the hubcap lugs and found out they put them on with a impackt wrench. Then I saw that there was a hub spacer on the outside of the rim, That deosnt make sense to me, is that where they go?
The hubcaps are held on by two light duty nuts which screw onto two of the tire mounting screws. The hubcaps look like they have a bunch of nuts, but usually, only 2 of them work. The active nuts are scored with an indentation that distinguishes them from the nonactive ones.

In the future, if you're not sure if your tire guys know how to work with your hubcaps, then you can take your hubcaps off yourself before having tire work done.

Use a very light touch with a large pliers padded with thick cloth or leather so you don't scratch them. Or, contact the manufacturer of the hubcaps and purchase a special wrench made just for them.
Michigan
Old 08-05-2012, 08:42 AM   #5
2 Rivet Member
Airstream Dealer

2002 26' Land Yacht 26
Seabrook , Texas
Hub spacer

I was talking about, what looks like a spacer on the front axel hubs. A metal ring about a 1/2 in thick with the stud holes in it.
I rotated tires on my landyacht before, but never remempering taking of a ring before taking of a tire.
It does not make sense having a spacer between the lugnuts and a rim?
Old 08-05-2012, 09:37 AM   #6
Well Preserved

1993 21' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Quote:
I was talking about, what looks like a spacer on the front axel hubs. A metal ring about a 1/2 in thick with the stud holes in it.
I rotated tires on my landyacht before, but never remempering taking of a ring before taking of a tire.
Every front wheel that had a spacer has had the spacer on the outside, between the lug nuts and wheel. This spreads the load of the lug nuts over a larger area, so the wheel doesn't crack at the hole where the lug nuts go.
Old 08-07-2012, 03:57 PM   #7
4 Rivet Member

Spacer on front axle

Quote:
I sure would like to see a photo, I cannot quite picture what you're talking about.
Michigan
Old 09-04-2012, 09:03 AM   #8
2 Rivet Member

2005 26' Land Yacht Gas 26
Hayden , Idaho
2005 26ft Land Yacht

Quote:
Maybe mine was made out of leftover parts? I bought 2 new Tires on the front, when i got home I saw that my hubcaps didnt sit on the weel just right. I pulled the hubcap lugs and found out they put them on with a impackt wrench. Then I saw that there was a hub spacer on the outside of the rim, That deosnt make sense to me, is that where they go?
Hi Kmamedia,
We just purchased a 2005 26ft Land Yacht last week. We did our shakedown trip this weekend to Glacier Natl Park and it went great. We have the model with a dinette and queen / side wardrobe. The layout seems to work great for us. The only thing we need to work on so far is the dinette table seems too wide to make into a bed. It doesn't fit between the benches. I'm thinking maybe they replaced the table? It's about 3/4" too wide. Does your table fit in there so it is flush to make into a bed? I emailed AS to ask how many 2005 26ft models were made and they replied but said they didn't keep track of how many were made.
Old 04-30-2013, 03:33 PM   #9
2 Rivet Member
Airstream Dealer

2002 26' Land Yacht 26
Seabrook , Texas
Dash Air 2002 Landyacht

Anyone knows where the 25amp fuse , that controls the dash air is located??My owners manual dont show it. None of my blower speeds are working