Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-09-2018, 04:04 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
2001 31' Land Yacht
greensboro , North Carolina
2001 Land Yacht Flooring

has anyone replaced the sub-floor on their MH? I was removing the cheap glue down vinyl someone installed, and discovered that the area about a foot wide across the step up into the cockpit area, and the barrel chair at some time in the past became wet, and really needs to be replaced. need to replace the first 4 feet. is the chip board glued down to the frame? I only came across two carriage bolt heads on the top surface.

thanks
dongw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 11:28 AM   #2
Streamin'

1995 30' Cutter Bus LE
Madison , New Mexico
I just did a repair to a leaking basement locker and the structure of the floor is as follows: (from floor down to frame) chip board, then 2" white foam insulation, then 1/8" Luan, then at the bottom sheet metal.

I only had to replace the Luan and the sheet metal in the locker.
BarnacleBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 08:26 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member

2004 26' Land Yacht Gas 26
Thibodaux , Louisiana
I had similar issue on my ly26 about a 3 ft square piece, i just cut it out and replaced it with a piece with a wood and glued it down. There was metal frame under it by the way.
latenite23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 12:51 PM   #4
4 Rivet Member

1994 35' Land Yacht Diesel
Franklin NC , North Carolina
Floor material

When we bought our 1994 Land Yacht DP in 2004, I replaced all the carpet and was pleased to find marine plywood flooring securely bolted down. It's garage kept and I hope I never have to replace. We have finished wood floors in the kitchen and bath, which I'm sure have been wet, but never checked underneath them. Re-varathaned the kitchen once.
I have seen lots of Airstream trailers with bad sub floors of plywood that had to replace their sub floors. But never saw particle board in an Airstream, Yikes!