Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums > Land Yacht/Legacy Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-07-2017, 03:27 PM   #1

Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
Seabrook , Texas
2000 Airstream 39 Land Yacht

Hi Y'all, I am interested in getting some feed back on a 2000 Airstream 39 Land Yacht XL 350 diesel pusher. I am looking to purchase it and am wondering if there is anything I should be aware of/ beware of? Any comments would be appreciated. Thanks in advance. D.
datonplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 01:05 PM   #2
65th Anniversary CLIPPER

1996 36' Clipper Bus
Tub City , British Columbia
Look in the "Flat Front" motorhome section. You have posted in the Land Yacht slope nose section.

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f313/

Dave
"LOVE and LOSS, are two of the greatest emotions one can experience. -- I went to school to learn about "WHAT GOES UP MUST COME DOWN" but I had to live my life to learn the lesson of: 'WITH LOVE THERE WILL BE SORROW'."
David Stewart. (after loosing my NAVIGATOR)
masseyfarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 09:31 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1998 36' Land Yacht Widebody
Shepherdstown , West Virginia
If you do not know the history of the AS, maintenance records, or where it was stored; I highly recommend inspecting the roof and windows in detail. If its leaking or leaked in past, your liable to find interior damage down the road. My Landyacht lived it first 18 years in a tobacco barn in Durham, NC. No leaks and the seals were still good even after I had the roof re-sealed last year.

One problem area I found after taking it to Florida was with the rain gutters. Because of the excessive condensation from two roof AC's I installed gutter extentions on both rear corners. Within a month I had wet carpet on side of bed. Turned out the gutter extension was leaking down the side of the trim where the end cap was attached and coming in at the floor level above the cargo compartment. Sealed it with clear silicon and fixed the gutters. No leaks since.

By the way.....their was one problem with my AS from the years it was in storage. It has very low mileage and the air filter had never been changed. Its a huge canister type container about size of a pool filter. Once opened, we found a large rat nest in the air filter chamber. Nothing live but it was messy
Mike1997 is offline   Reply With Quote