Old 11-15-2018, 07:08 AM   #1
4 Rivet Member

1969 31' Sovereign
1951 21' Flying Cloud
Alex , Oklahoma
Smile 1995 Airstream Motorhome Land Yacht LE manuel

I am looking at a 1995 Airstream Motorhome Land Yacht LE for sale in Texas. Is there a place I can download the owners manual? What should I be looking for that would raise a red flag.

I am not new to Airstreams' I have a 1969 we refurbished and a 1951 waiting in the wings to be started on. But, have always been interested in a Airstream Motorhome. The prices range from $7,500 to $21,000. I'm sure mileage and upkeep plays a big part in the pricing.

What is the difference in the Land Yacht LE Series. What extra or Less options does the LE Series mean. Can't seem to find what is special about LE Series.

Appreciate any guidance anyone can give me on the 1995 Motorhome Land Yacht LE.

C J of OKLA

1951 Flying Cloud SS#7062
AIR #18751
CJ of Okla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 11:11 AM   #2
4 Rivet Member

1998 36' Land Yacht Widebody
Shepardstown , West Virginia
Good morning. If you go to the Airstream Corporate website they have owner manuals you can download. I have not looked at it in awhile but some of the motorhomes also have copies of the original sales brochure which can have good info about options originally offered for your AS.

Mike1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 04:54 AM   #3
4 Rivet Member

1969 31' Sovereign
1951 21' Flying Cloud
Alex , Oklahoma
1995 Motorhome LY LE

https://www.airstream.com/wp-content...-LE-Series.pdf

Thanks for the help. I had went there earlier but failed to find the 1995 LE. Second try worked.

I was really hoping someone could also tell me what LE Series means.
1951 Flying Cloud SS#7062
AIR #18751
CJ of Okla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 10:28 PM   #4
Tim Eagle

1995 31' Land Yacht
Sandusky , Michigan
Send a message via MSN to tmeagle1
My manual is a three ring binder. We just bought a 1995 Airstream LY Motorhome, 30' gas. It needs batteries, and this is our first Class A adventure. We paid $12.5K for it after selling our beautiful 1964 Globetrotter. Class A is an adventure and I post some of our DIY projects on line, as well as a tour and other adventures on our youTube channel, Dark Nest Travels (new subscribers are welcome). It's been quite the difference, we have a 454 in it, it had about 45K miles on the motor. The generator is a 5500 gas, running of the fuel tanks. I will say that without two good house batteries, nothing seems to run automatically, mostly the fridge, while driving needs twelve volt and the side step, as well as the generator needs voltage to even start. The chassis battery and house batteries are different. They typically have leak spots, some by the front windshield. We had three obvious spots, one in the cabinet above the barrel chair in the front, was fixed by PO, one in the cedar closet, also fixed by PO, and one in the bedroom floor, passenger side that rotted the wood, due to some slight delamination, which is liveable only cosmetic. Other than the carpeting, I'm pleased with the length, the way it starts every time, with a new chassis battery, and the way it feels on the road, so far. We plan on part timing this winter. As far as LE, I'm not sure, that's what ours is and it has carpet throughout, which we plan on replacing with wood floors this spring, we have the leather captain's chairs, the leather upholstery, mixed with some cloth, and a Sony cassette player, removable. Other than that it's just standard and shaped in the interior like all other Airstreams of this size. We owned a 1985 Limited 34' that had the exact layout. The shower and bath are separate, I did post a video of our Mothership Tour at our youTube site as well. I hope that I'm not just rambling, and if you already know these things, please disregard. Here's the link to my youTube channel, if you're interested in some of our life and DIY's on the Airstream: Dark Nest Travels

Dark Nest Travels : Blog (if you'd rather read our ramblings and history)
tmeagle1 is offline   Reply With Quote