2 Rivet Member

1996 30' Land Yacht
Flagler Beach , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayco View Post
Thats called a transfer switch.
So with the coach plugged in 12v works.
Coach batteries good.

Something in between the coach batteries and the 12v fuse panel is out of whack.
That was my line of thinking...

BUT, I can't find anything (device, etc) that is between house batteries, and the system... Like I said, I will check the fusebox to the left of the drivers leg tomorrow. We are leaving today for AL and going to make the best of it. Going to "jump" the 12v for the fridge so it works on gas, lights will be by flashlight until I can figure it out.

Only 2 nights going to be like this, while in transition, rest of the 14 days will be on shore power.

In case you were wondering, generator is not working... HEY, Life is an adventure!

If you think of anything else, let me know...

Woodyacme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 07:01 AM   #16
Rivet Master

1982 31' Airstream 310
champaign , Illinois
Have you checked the ground side of your 12volt fuse panel and your ground strap to the frame? Was everything working on 12volt (unplugged) before? Can you test point to point from batteries to fuse panel?

Old 03-13-2015, 07:03 AM   #17
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Nowhere , Somewhere
Some fridges need twelve volt when operating on gas. Peace,jim
Old 03-13-2015, 07:20 AM   #18
Rivet Master

1982 31' Airstream 310
champaign , Illinois
Hope you find it......stuff can drive ya crazy sometimes....its probably something simple. Oooooooooh I shouldnt have said that
Old 03-13-2015, 06:05 PM   #19
Lucas S

2000 36' Land Yacht XC Diesel
Fresno , California
Did the '96 year come with the standard 10 watt solar charger and built in inverter (as my '00 XC diesel has) if so reset your inverter. This is also the case if you've had one installed aftermarket.
Old 03-14-2015, 09:15 PM   #20
2 Rivet Member

1996 30' Land Yacht
Flagler Beach , Florida
Just a little "update"

We left on Friday from Daytona Beach, spent the night in Tallahassee, tonight we are in Birmingham, AL at one of the state parks... for the next couple of days, then off to Savannah, GA. We are putting this coach through a pretty tough first run... all told round trip going to be about 1200 miles.

Many hours of driving the LY and many hours to contemplate the issue of no 12v when not connected to shore power, and trying to think of a work around to get 12v power to the fridge so we can keep our food cold. (I was going to run an extension cord with battery clips from the batteries to the 12v connection on the outside of the coach while we were driving down the road.

HOWEVER, I installed an AC/DC inverter in the hole up front where the "old school" TV was to run my GPS and my SAT radio...

I connected the converter (the one used to charge the house batteries) to the AC/DC inverter and THAT SOLVED THE PROBLEM! Connecting the converter to direct 110v from the inverter runs the lights, step, and Refrigerator when not connected to shore power.

SO, my question is the outlet that the converter is normally connected to is powered how when the coach is running down the road. Could the DC switch next to the step be bad or some other component? I have temporarily solved the problem, but I would like to "fix" the problem and move on to other things... with the coach like the generator, the leveling jacks, and a couple of roof issues...

Sorry the email is so long, I wanted to give all the details..

1996 AS Land Yacht 30'
Woodyacme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 09:38 PM   #21
3 Rivet Member

1998 31' Land Yacht
lafayette , Colorado
pull the 4 screws that hold the switches in place by the entry. Jump the right hand switch. you'll know in no time.

Tags
12v