Old 08-16-2007, 05:14 PM   #29
2 Rivet Member
1986 34.5' Airstream 345
Tulsa , Oklahoma
So, here's the kind of stuff you carry.

At any given moment in time, there is a virtual hardware store rolling down the road in AS MoHos and TT. Some of the list includes:

CRITICAL TOOLSCredit CardTowing Insurance/Roadside AssistanceBourbon or Iced TeaCell PhoneOPTIONAL TOOLS1/4" and 3/8" SAE and Metric socket setsAllen wrencheschannel lockscordless drillcordless sawzall Crescent wrench.Extension cordFire ExtinguisherFlare nut wrenchesflashlighthammerIR Themometermulti meterOBD-2 Code ReaderPliersPropone bottle wrenchRivet gun (and assorted rivets)

Screw driversSidecutters small pry barstrap wrenchswiss army knifeTire guagetorque wrenchvise grips

Wire brushWire strippersGraphite SpraySilicone SprayTeflon GreaseTeflon TapeVulkem

Pipe dopeButyl putty tapeWD40

5 Minute Epoxyaluminum tapeDuct tape.Electrical tapeHose clampsropeSmall roll putty VelcroStainless steel panhead screwsZip tiesSpare Hose/Faucet/WashersSpare Hot Water Tank PlugAssorted RivetsCan of clear coat spraySpare fuel filtersSpare engine beltslight bulbs

fusesElectrical wireAssorted electical connectersElectrical terminal cleanerWire nutsAlligator clipsEmergency Reflector TrianglesExtension Hose for onboard air compressorSpray can of flat tire repairlug nut wrenchwheel jackwire tiesWheel bearingWheel bearing greasehand cleanerpad to kneel on - very small tarp to lay onRags rubber gloves

New2it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 05:16 PM   #30
2 Rivet Member
1986 34.5' Airstream 345
Tulsa , Oklahoma
Guess you can't copy and paste from excel

Sorry, i had it all laid out in Excel and tried to copy and paste. If anyone really wants the list, let me know and I'll stick it in a Word doc and attach it...

New2it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 05:44 PM   #31
Well Preserved

1974 31' Sovereign
1993 21' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
It makes for interesting reading like it is...
Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy, and taste good with ketchup.
overlander63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 05:49 PM   #32
Rivet Master
2011 34' Classic
Westchester Cty.NY , / Miami FL
you forgot the spare set of axles!

it might be good idea for a business. tool road service, you bring the tools and the caller rents them. think of all the fuel we could save!
richinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 05:51 PM   #33
Rivet Master
2014 25' Flying Cloud
Cuddebackville , New York
This reminds me of driving from NY to Alaska in 1971 in a 1967 Land Rover. The Rover had a habit of breaking motor mounts- and being a college student I didn't carry spares. I did carry a few long bolts and a piece of retread I found on the road to improvise if necessary. Going through customs we were carefully inspected (what with being in college and the 60-70's and all). When the customs official saw the retread and bolts he asked why we had them. I explained and he commented on our "American Ingenuity" and sent us on our way.
Wayne&Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 06:06 PM   #34
Site Team

1964 26' Overlander
1964 19' Globetrotter
Eastern , Washington
Cell phone
Sense of humor

On edit: merlot
1964 Overlander | '08 Touareg V6
Current Project: 1964 Globetrotter

Let's have a polishing party: I'll supply the trailer and buffing supplies. BYOB (bring your own buffer)

AirForums Custom Search
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 06:13 PM   #35
Rivet Master
1983 34' Excella
1967 24' Tradewind
Little Rock , Arkansas
Originally Posted by overlander63
It makes for interesting reading like it is...
It does. Kind of like reading Faulkner.

vswingfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 07:26 PM   #36
Got gandkids?

1973 27' Overlander
'Possum Holler , Georgia
Originally Posted by rideair
.... So much for "romance" of vintage!
Yeah, but that's one great looking ride, tho.

Air No. 6427
Jim & Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 07:44 PM   #37
Rivet Master
1998 31' Excella 1000
South Berwick , Maine
When I had my blowout and realized the spare didn't look quite inflated and/or was losing air, I headed to the glove box in the Excursion for the pressure gage. To my surprise there were two in there. I always check my tires at home using a digital gage I keep next to the compressor. As my luck had been steadily declining I perceived this as good news, a primary and backup gage. Both gages maxxed out at 50psi, no good for trailer or TV. Down on my luck again. Not far from the campground was a discount store. Found a new presure gage and my son found a small 12v compressor for about 14 bucks - perfect I thought and even better when it rang up for only 10 and change. The 12 v cord was way too short, but there is an outlet in the rear of the truck, so with some tricky maneuvering and the folks in the adjacent site having just left (Cape Cod, they really pack 'em in, not as bad as International), the power and air hose just reached. After about 15 minutes and very little increase in pressure on the installed gage, the airhose blew right off the discharge of the compressor. Back to square one. Bottom line; tire pressure gage in the correct range and I'd also like to have a small compressor, I think 12v vs 120v would be more versatile, opinions?

WBCCI 24291
New England Unit
Metropolitan NY Unit
peegreen is offline   Reply With Quote