Old 05-05-2012, 11:53 AM   #659
Rivet Master

2000 31' Land Yacht
Central , Florida
Did pay less than the MH, so the MH didn't become the accessory:-) Hopefully I can find all the extras I need on line and not go over. From reading about others, If I don't put the baseplate on myself it will be more. Car is put together with plastic rivets, so I will have to number them and use a checklist to make sure they are all back in place when I am done. Son in law broke 3 on a Ford Fusion and the whole bumper assembly was loose. Minimalist engineering.

Old 05-11-2012, 02:55 PM   #660
Rivet Master

1984 34.5' Airstream 345
Foothill Ranch , California
When I was looking under the dash I spotted a box that I thought strange...
Research taught me it was the control box for a Uniden PC-22 CB radio.
This model had all the controls and display on the mic/handset... and mine was missing.
Searches online in the last year or so for the mic or parts had come up blank...

Then, last week one popped up on Ebay...
I snapped it up... even tho it said used, I thought $25 was a steal!

It arrived today... I am so happy!
Its not used at all...
No sign of ever being used or mounted. All the OEM brackets and screws are there... No instructions tho.
SO Happy, here it is!

Old 05-16-2012, 07:02 AM   #661
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
1995 36' Classic 36
Boulder , Colorado
This is my first post from the road and my iPad. Whipped up this tv mount while visiting my folks. It's working great. And no! Its just a bracket to hang it on when parked. It stores on the wall mount I posted earlier in the bedroom. We can watch it there also.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3089431444.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	241.6 KB
ID:	158526   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3877573962.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	154.4 KB
ID:	158527  

Name:	image-3160999803.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	211.5 KB
ID:	158528   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-407616992.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	197.8 KB
ID:	158529  

Old 05-16-2012, 10:26 AM   #662
Rivet Master

1982 28' Airstream 280
Redwood City , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota
This is my first post from the road and my iPad. Whipped up this tv mount while visiting my folks. It's working great. And no! Its just a bracket to hang it on when parked. It stores on the wall mount I posted earlier in the bedroom. We can watch it there also.
That is nice!

"We are free to go where we wish and to be what we are"
Richard Bach, Jonathan Livingston Seagall
dadstoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 10:29 AM   #663
Full Timers/Diesel power.

1983 31' Airstream310
Cactus Hug , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota View Post
This is my first post from the road and my iPad.
I continue to be amazed by the quality of "the little camera that could".
Old 05-16-2012, 08:45 PM   #664
Rivet Master

1989 34.5' Airstream 345
Saint Petersburg , Florida
Quote:
That is one nice set-up. Love to know where you got your tv mount kit from.
Thanks, Derek
Old 05-17-2012, 06:44 AM   #665
Rivet Master

2000 31' Land Yacht
Central , Florida
OBDII computer, hopefully it will give a better idea of motor, Ultra gauge on the new toad gives 62 items, only 8 showing at any one time, but can page thru 7 pages of 8. Will try it when I take it out of the Honda.
Old 05-19-2012, 04:19 PM   #666
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
1995 36' Classic 36
Boulder , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazeevw View Post
That is one nice set-up. Love to know where you got your tv mount kit from.
Thanks, Derek
The wall mount came from Best Buy. The ceiling mount came from a scrap piece of aluminum, a piece of a bed frame, and a hunk of top rail from a new chain link fence. Engineering around material available is often more of a challenge than comming up with the what I want to accomplish.
Old 05-20-2012, 07:50 AM   #667
Rivet Master

2000 31' Land Yacht
Central , Florida
Quote:
The wall mount came from Best Buy. The ceiling mount came from a scrap piece of aluminum, a piece of a bed frame, and a hunk of top rail from a new chain link fence. Engineering around material available is often more of a challenge than comming up with the what I want to accomplish.
Nice fit, good looking mount but more important, another like minded person. I am not a horder, that crap in the garage is my raw materials for future projects. and if I throw it out today I will need it after the trashmen have hauled it off.
Old 05-20-2012, 08:33 PM   #668
3 Rivet Member

1991 35' Airstream 350
Laurel , Maryland
I finally fInished replacing the OEM am/fm/cb antenna with a real cb antenna. I bought a Firestick cb antenna with a side mount that looks very close to the OEM mount. I bought a splitter that lets me receive an Fm signal from the Firestick cb antenna. The hard part of the install was getting into the wall to bolt the mount in and removing the driver side panel to run the coax. I like that it looks close to stock.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image-1605615617.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	567.4 KB
ID:	158847   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-210615109.jpg
Size:	440.8 KB
ID:	158850  

Name:	image-2228694920.jpg
Size:	627.1 KB
ID:	158851  
Old 05-27-2012, 12:39 PM   #669

1983 31' Airstream310
Cactus Hug , Arizona
Bonehead freakout.

I keep all my coach keys on a ring that is on a hook by the door, separate from the ignition key. Wanted to move a few things from the belly pans, did, and this morning, could not find the keys! I'm pretty anal about replacing the keys, but I figured I'd set them down somewhere and lost contact. After an hour of searching, I'd given up. I was about ready to hit the brews, when I realized, the wife did laundry and there were the keys at the bottom of the washer! I'd put them in my watch pocket and missed them when I cleaned the pockets of the jeans. Moral? I'm going to divide the keys, get a spare water key, and put another set in my tool box. Nothing like starting the day with no keys! The keys were nice and clean, though.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSCN2007keys.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	265.6 KB
ID:	159434  
Old 05-27-2012, 07:01 PM   #670
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
1995 36' Classic 36
Boulder , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Leary View Post
I keep all my coach keys on a ring that is on a hook by the door, separate from the ignition key. Wanted to move a few things from the belly pans, did, and this morning, could not find the keys! I'm pretty anal about replacing the keys, but I figured I'd set them down somewhere and lost contact. After an hour of searching, I'd given up. I was about ready to hit the brews, when I realized, the wife did laundry and there were the keys at the bottom of the washer! I'd put them in my watch pocket and missed them when I cleaned the pockets of the jeans. Moral? I'm going to divide the keys, get a spare water key, and put another set in my tool box. Nothing like starting the day with no keys! The keys were nice and clean, though.
My latest mod was mounting a relators key box in an exterior hidden area with a full set of keys in it. The code is #### !
Old 05-27-2012, 07:42 PM   #671

1983 31' Airstream310
Cactus Hug , Arizona
Quote:
My latest mod was mounting a relators key box in an exterior hidden area with a full set of keys in it. The code is #### !
I don't know about the rest of you, but I've got keys that came with Bess that fit nothing. I've been tempted to chuck them, but the possibility there is a hidden safe (which AS did install on some coaches) that I have not found, keeps those keys at hand.
Old 05-28-2012, 02:06 PM   #672
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
1995 36' Classic 36
Boulder , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Leary View Post
I don't know about the rest of you, but I've got keys that came with Bess that fit nothing. I've been tempted to chuck them, but the possibility there is a hidden safe (which AS did install on some coaches) that I have not found, keeps those keys at hand.

My hidden safe is under the #### near the ####. Ann couldn't figure out how I kept comming up with cash without going to an ATM.

They did install some very nice safes from Hadon Security. I contacted them and have a new door ordered with a keypad. I'll put all the keys in there when I get it and just an entry key in the outside lock box in case the keyless entry system fails.

Mine came with a electronic lock system with the remote missing (fob?). I'm going to put a new keyless entry system on it with a keypad. Pretty cool, the existing system includes all the storage compartments. A new 50 amp cable could set you back a few $$$.