Old 12-16-2011, 01:48 PM   #463
Rivet Master

1984 34.5' Airstream 345
Foothill Ranch , California
This is kinda what I want to get...
But I need to be sure that the TV will swivel all the way each way without hitting the bracket, so before i jump on it, I will need some measurement from TV and bracket...as well as weigh the TV.
I also like $28 a lot better!

For only $25.38 each when QTY 50+ purchased - Adjustable Tilting/Swiveling Wall Mount Bracket for LCD LED Plasma Corner Friendly (Max 80Lbs, 23~40inch) | LCD Plasma Brackets - Tilting/Swiveling Type

The measurements are on one of the LH images... cant post the link, but looks like 530mm or 21" is the distance between the wall pivot, and center of the TV mounting plate. My TV is 18" from Centerline to the edge, so that would work for me!

Here is a pic of my Airstream...
My idea/plan was to mount a 2" square steel tube to the back of the dinette wall on the cockpit side, so that it rises up right where you can see the Cockpit curtain hanging on the RH side of the passenger seat.
The TV mount will attach to that.
The TV will be stored with its back to the back of the passenger seat... about 2" above the Fwd Dinette backrest cushion..
It will be safe for travel there, and secured with a strap, or it can swivel 90deg to the right and sit flush against the dinette window for viewing from the couch...
Looking at the pic... does that make sense?

Old 12-16-2011, 02:24 PM   #464
65th Anniversary CLIPPER

1996 36' Clipper Bus
Tub City , British Columbia
Looks like it might work to me.
You need aluminium tube so you can shine it.
Does the passenger seat recline or swivel? If the unit is rubbing on the seat, it will not take long to etch its mark on the upholstery.
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyair View Post
This is kinda what I want to get...
But I need to be sure that the TV will swivel all the way each way without hitting the bracket, so before i jump on it, I will need some measurement from TV and bracket...as well as weigh the TV.
I also like $28 a lot better!

Here is a pic of my Airstream...
My idea/plan was to mount a 2" square steel tube to the back of the dinette wall on the cockpit side, so that it rises up right where you can see the Cockpit curtain hanging on the RH side of the passenger seat.
The TV mount will attach to that.
The TV will be stored with its back to the back of the passenger seat... about 2" above the Fwd Dinette backrest cushion..
It will be safe for travel there, and secured with a strap, or it can swivel 90deg to the right and sit flush against the dinette window for viewing from the couch...
Looking at the pic... does that make sense?

Old 12-16-2011, 02:48 PM   #465
Rivet Master

1984 34.5' Airstream 345
Yes Dave, to Aluminum..... and also will save weight...

Yep, the seat does swivel, and recline... I think, so I need to watch that any bar does not impede that. Once i have it mocked up i can check for rubbing or safety issues. I am thinking that I want to be able to lock/secure it in a few positions, so that it can be adjusted for the best viewing angle based on who is sitting where.. Planning to put seatbelts in the dinette too.
Old 12-16-2011, 04:25 PM   #466
Rivet Master

1936 20' Clipper
1947 22' Liner
Curtis Wright
1989 37' Airstream 370
marshfield , Massachusetts
Key,

What's up with that "For Sale" sign? You're not getting ready to bail out and join Team Winnebago are you?
Old 12-16-2011, 05:04 PM   #467
Rivet Master

1984 34.5' Airstream 345
LOL, no... i am not that smart!
Picture was taken by PO, when he was selling it to me...
Old 12-16-2011, 09:39 PM   #468
Rivet Master

1984 34.5' Airstream 345
YEAH!
Postman left me 2 boxes today!

My Powerprobe 3 and the Powerprobe ECT2000 arrived!
Thank to my Parents for the Birthday gifts!

The Powerprobe 3 FIRE Limited Edition, was new, and got it for $106.99 with free shipping. Ebay again.
Spent an hour fiddling and testing it...
Cool piece of kit!

Then here is the Powerprobe ECT2000 Circuit Tester..
Injects a tone into a wire, and allows you to trace the wire and find a break or short with the reciever!
Bought it used on Ebay, and the seller said he used it 3 times...
Looks brand new, nothing missing or damaged, and works great!
MSRP is like $220, you can find them new for $130ish...
I got it for $50!
Very happy!

Then....
I was at Home Depot, and spotted these cool little LED Lanterns,
Sit on a table, hang by a magnet, or built in hook..
Choice of White LED's, White and red for a warmer light, or a slow rotation thru red/white/blue/green...
Love them, and at $4.88 each, a good deal!
Old 12-17-2011, 09:21 AM   #469
3 Rivet Member

1987 34.5' Airstream 345
Milton , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyair View Post
Not gonna put the motorised TV in mine...
If it is down, it would get in the way of the quick dash to the bathroom on a long trip while the Cruise Control is on...

I am just joking... but I bet some numb nut has done it!
OK OK...I'll gladly accept the nut description, but the numb part only applies when mixed with malt beverages.

Traveling between the U.S. Grand Prix at Watkins Glen and the Canadian Grand Prix east of Toronto, and feeling immortal.

It happened when I was much younger and nuttier, in a Class C unit, to get a reluctant co-driver to take the wheel. I picked a long straight stretch of road, no wind, no one ahead or behind. Set the cruise and left for the head. I was ready to jump back in, but it had the desired effect. She hopped behind the wheel and the rest of the week drove it fine...no more complaints that it was too long, too wide, or too high for her.

I'm more mature now, and my wife would kill me.
Old 12-17-2011, 09:53 AM   #470
65th Anniversary CLIPPER

1996 36' Clipper Bus
Tub City , British Columbia
The good ol days!
Some secrets are better taken to the grave.
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by navyspook View Post
OK OK...I'll gladly accept the nut description, but the numb part only applies when mixed with malt beverages.

Traveling between the U.S. Grand Prix at Watkins Glen and the Canadian Grand Prix east of Toronto, and feeling immortal.

It happened when I was much younger and nuttier, in a Class C unit, to get a reluctant co-driver to take the wheel. I picked a long straight stretch of road, no wind, no one ahead or behind. Set the cruise and left for the head. I was ready to jump back in, but it had the desired effect. She hopped behind the wheel and the rest of the week drove it fine...no more complaints that it was too long, too wide, or too high for her.

I'm more mature now, and my wife would kill me.
Old 12-18-2011, 12:47 PM   #471
Rivet Master

1984 34.5' Airstream 345
Found, and ordered some BA9s LED's for my replacement marker lights...
Note, that my new lamps are BA9s style bulbs and the oribinals I am replacing were T10's, so if you like them check what you have!
They are what is called "Concave LEDs".
That means that the tip of the LED is Chamfered/Countersunk, and those of you that remember playing with Prisms at school, ths reflects the light at 360deg to to its beamed direction, resulting in a radial, rather than directional.
This should work great and will post pics of anothe "Mad Scientist Project", when they arrive
Got 20x for under $10...

eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices
Old 12-18-2011, 02:31 PM   #472
Rivet Master

2006 28' Safari SE
Currently Looking...
Phoenix , Arizona
Batteries...

I think it is finally time. Seeing as how it won't start. A little troubleshooting is in order first, but we have been putting it off.
-KL
Old 12-18-2011, 07:47 PM   #473
4 Rivet Member

1982 31' Airstream 310
Longview , Washington
That why I'm put a kill sw. for me battery, so they don't go dead. All the lite still work on shore power.
Old 12-18-2011, 08:22 PM   #474
Rivet Master

1989 34.5' Airstream 345
Saint Petersburg , Florida
Kill Switch

Alfa,
Was told by local parts stores that a 'kill switch' for side post batteries (typical GM battery) was not available. Do you have a source?
Thanks, Derek
Old 12-18-2011, 08:39 PM   #475
4 Rivet Member

1982 31' Airstream 310
Longview , Washington
I got my kill sw. on line. The one I got has a key to it. You can lock it take the with you, that why no one can start you MoHo. I'll got out to the shop an look up the name for you and part number. They work good.
Old 12-19-2011, 02:44 AM   #476
Rivet Master

1989 34.5' Airstream 345
Saint Petersburg , Florida
Alfa,
You're kill switch almost sounds as if it's a 'boat' kill switch. Where do you have the switch installed? My battery tray is on the curbside drawer, behind front wheel. Drawer has 2 locks on it, don't know that I want another key.....lol.
Thanks, Derek