Originally Posted by Myrtle lynn
Did it take a lot of reconstruction to get the new sofa to fit?
The sofa was easy Myrtle.
I cut the right rear frame out to fit the gen. housing.
Insulated, sound proofed the Gen. housing after sanding and Painting the metal with rust proof.
I then purchased a piece of angle at the hardware store, with holes, slots.
used about 6 inches on the side with the Gen housing and the rest on the front side.
I used wood screws and secured the angle to the flooring. then I used the 3 holes in the frame and ran bolts, washers across from the couch frame into the secured angle.
I also painted, rolled on, Sealed, all of the sub floor
in the coach. after removing all of the tack board, carpet,
and padding. removing the staples was the big issue.
I then cleaned, sprayed with straight vinegar, let dry,sanded light, sprayed with vinegar again, let dry, then sealed floor.
laid the wood floor then mounted the couch. the new wood is run to the back wall for easy cleaning and uniformity. I can now remove the couch by 3 bolts.
to get to the bolts. lift the couch half way and you have easy access to the rail secured to the floor and the 3 bolts.
I can take the couch out myself now in 3-5 minutes for cleaning, service.