Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums > Classic Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-08-2010, 06:45 PM   #21
2 Rivet Member

1995 36' Classic 36
Orangevale , California
YES! Diesels are exempt from the smog checks in CA. Still need checks for most gas engines.
Pomfritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 08:36 PM   #22
2 Rivet Member

1984 31' Airstream310
College Station , Texas
She's a beauty! Have a safe trip.

PD
pdallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 09:40 AM   #23
2 Rivet Member

1995 36' Classic 36
Orangevale , California
So it has been an adventure from the start not uneventful at all. I posted elsewhere and will do more in the s pecific topics where they belong. But RIGHT NOW I am posting on the road whike my better half is driving the rig, she pivked it right up and loves it! Using verizon mifi card. Tyoing with index finger so hope you forgive the typos.

On to santa fe for a few days break, but need to find a competant propane person, i have trouble locating the other kind.

Btw not all thetford to valtera adapters are created equal, mine leaks a lot thankfully the black tank was empty when i found out. Its got a seal but fits on so loosely that there is 1/32 gap between yhe two fittings. Does anyone test their products before selling them? I want to change the stub out to valterra and raise the conection height. At the last site the sewer hole was a little higher than my connection!

I have oficially now an AS tevhnician in training. Mandatory with purchase of any of these beauties.

So far in two parks i've only seen white boxes, including a newer AS land yacht. No other AS, this is cool but where are y'all?
Pomfritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 10:45 AM   #24
Rivet Master

1984 34.5' Airstream 345
Foothill Ranch , California
Awesome news!
Relax and enjoy the ride!
When a buddy of mine got let go from work the week before I flew out to get mine I was buzzed to be able to share the experience, and we had a blast.
He had never been in a Motorhome before that trip and as we were picked up from the Airport by the PO in a newer Class C, we had a 3 hour drive to the Airstream to absorb the experience...
24 hours and 500 miles later my buddy commented that the 26 year old airstream rode better, tracked straighter, and was quieter that the 2 year old class C.
Enjoy your classy new baby!
Keyair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 06:35 PM   #25

1998 34' Excella 1000
1995 36' Classic 36
Spencerville , Maryland
Congrats on your purchase! What was your MPG? Did you have any trouble going up hills? I see you have a satellite dish on top... does it get signal while moving or only when stopped?
GREENovaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 05:58 AM   #26
Rivet Master

1989 34.5' Airstream 345
Silverton , Colorado
Sure is a good feeling to re-experience the day you step into "YOUR" new unit...don't know what's ahead, but ready to go for it...we're aiming at 50K in the last 4 1/2 years, and while more than a few have been belly-burners, the ones that sailed us were irreplaceable...one year at a time...m
We live for the moment, 'cause when you get there, it's gone...
ScrapIrony-2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 05:36 AM   #27
Rivet Master

1989 34.5' Airstream 345
Silverton , Colorado
OOOHHH...can I have one???Oh, Wait, I DO have one!!!well, maybe a bit shorter...m
Old 08-27-2010, 05:53 AM   #28
Rivet Master

1989 34.5' Airstream 345
Silverton , Colorado
QUOTE Btw not all thetford to valtera adapters are created equal, mine leaks a lot thankfully the black tank was empty when i found out. Its got a seal but fits on so loosely that there is 1/32 gap between yhe two fittings. Does anyone test their products before selling them? I want to change the stub out to valterra and raise the conection height. At the last site the sewer hole was a little higher than my connection!END QUOTE

Having replaced the BW/GW connections, I discovered that the BW tank held 15+ gallons of effluvia, the 1/4 inch of black pipe shortage did NOT stretch, and the flange valve did not respect my best wishes...however, there is a product called "PL", which is polyurethane in a tube...I did the slather technique, wearing latex gloves, and it has stood three years of travel...may I never travel that road, again...m