Old 07-01-2012, 12:29 PM   #15
Rivet Master
1984 34.5' Airstream 345
Foothill Ranch , California
The idea to expand on Dakota's starter was just a general idea and not a comment on anyone's list.

My thought was for people to post what they have prepared and suggested supplies that we can all sift thru and add to what we already have.

Personally, I just set up a Word Document that I will add ideas as I see them!

As far as the dried goods, I agree they are not as well protected as tinned goods, and vulnerable to mice in particular, so I have a large metal Popcorn tin, that I think I will put them in! I also have Energy bars and some of those ZipFizz energy drink tablets that you add to water.

We aready have 3 cases of Drinking Water stashed under the bed.

I also read somewhere about having Alcohol to hand... aside from the obvious use as a "Painkiller", it can be used as disinfectant, winterizer, and as a bartering tool!

Keyair is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 12:56 PM   #17
Rivet Monster

1975 31' Sovereign
1980 31' Excella II
Sprung Leak , North Carolina
Heater Meals are always part of our "survival" kits. I also have a secure thumb drive that has scans of all our important documents on it, there is a back up copy stored with a friend half way across the country. Most originals stay in a bank safe deposit box. But after what happened in New Orleans I am not as convinced that is the best idea anymore.

__________________ many little time...
Why are we in this basket...and where are we going
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 01:19 PM   #18
4 Rivet Member
Currently Looking...
1995 36' Classic 36
Boulder , Colorado
They are still chasing some hot spots but the Boulder fire seems to be pretty well under control. That could change if the winds decided to gust up which is not unusual for Boulder. I've seem them over 100 kts and 60 is pretty normal.

So I've been working on little projects for the past week. It now has it own tool kit and camping cloths. Other than perishables it should be ready on a moments notice. We have a couple of tuperware tube that we put the stuff that we want to store at home that we can grab in a minute.

Today I'm going through the windshield wiper system with new blades, washer hoses and nozzles, lube, and adjustments. (The passenger side was slapping the center column)

Dakota is offline   Reply With Quote