Old 11-30-2014, 07:11 PM   #29
Rivet Master

1991 35' Airstream 350
Carriere , Mississippi
Send a message via Skype™ to wxbuoy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayco View Post
I was pretty suprised Dave. We were rolling down the interstate yacking away and frankly I wasnt even thinking about having installed those bell cranks....space head.
A semi truck passed us and the thought hit me...whoa, he just passed and I hardly felt it, didnt have to correct much. Before, I would really have to. So Ive installed new shocks, air bags, stabilzer, and now those bell cranks. Still need to have the ball joints looked at and get an allignment. Feels much better though.
Glad to hear it! I need to get mine into the shop and get it aligned as well. Doesn't pull at all but want to do it as a preventative measure.

Old 12-01-2014, 08:57 AM   #30
3 Rivet Member

1991 35' Airstream 350
Laurel , Maryland
I replaced both of my bell cranks with the supersteer ones and it made a difference but I still had a little play in the steering. There is a back lash adjustment on the side of the steering box and when I adjusted that all the play went away. The Moho drives like a new mini-van now. That is until you look in the rear view mirror and see that the rear window is 35 feet behind you.

Old 12-01-2014, 09:24 AM   #31
Rivet Master

1982 31' Airstream 310
champaign , Illinois
Yep, and i did make some adjustment at the steering gear box, but not much. One thing i did not mention, after installation, it changed the steering wheel center position. Ill have that corrected with the allignment. This is apperently a common occurrence. Not sure i understand why, but from reading many many posts on several different RV forums, it is mentioned quite often. So far so good though as far as performance is concerned.
Old 12-01-2014, 06:59 PM   #32
Rivet Master

1991 35' Airstream 350
Carriere , Mississippi
Send a message via Skype™ to wxbuoy
Quote:
Originally Posted by t7389sg View Post
..... The Moho drives like a new mini-van now. That is until you look in the rear view mirror and see that the rear window is 35 feet behind you.