Old 05-25-2013, 10:27 PM   #29
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
1995 36' Classic 36
Ludington , Michigan
Mooching!

On the month long trip I think we only paid for camping for about 12 nights. Visited friends at Cross Village, the guy that did the finish work on the stone house, for a night. The guy in the blue shirt, was a short time Airstreamer known a Huberto on this site. Had too many other things going on to deal with more issues than he planned on and sold it. He was in Michigan from Cali visiting Barry in the red. Good to catch up. They were all impressed with the AS including the pound hound on the couch.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	chris and berry.JPG
Views:	56
Size:	127.4 KB
ID:	186535  

Old 05-25-2013, 10:37 PM   #30
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
1995 36' Classic 36
Ludington , Michigan
Family Camping trip

This is a bit out of sequence. We have been doing a family camping trip to Mesick Michigan for years. We stay a a campground called Northern Exposure on a nice lake. We fish and hunt for mushrooms. Usually eat well and spend a bunch of time acquiring that nice camp fire smell.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	hodempile.JPG
Views:	44
Size:	171.0 KB
ID:	186537   Click image for larger version

Name:	brats.JPG
Views:	36
Size:	114.9 KB
ID:	186538  

Old 05-25-2013, 10:52 PM   #31
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
1995 36' Classic 36
Ludington , Michigan
It was an interesting trip. It started with a 2 day delay due to a couple of 10 minute projects that turned into 10 hours. If we had hit the road as planned we would have missed the snow storm that sequestered us to the KOA in Jackson Minnesota for 2 more days. But we would have missed the winter camping and driving in icy conditions with crosswinds that were putting the semi trucks on their sides and closing interstates.

We spent plenty of time at my folks place helping them out and working on projects. MY mom had a stroke last year which has really loaded up my dad with chores. Things are improving and looking up. She enjoyed the camping trip to Mesick. It was quite a burden on my dad to pack and set up the trailer. She typically spent the best part of 2 weeks getting everything planned and packed for a 4 day trip in the past.
Old 05-25-2013, 11:14 PM   #32
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
1995 36' Classic 36
Ludington , Michigan
The trip home through the UP was pretty cold and rainy. We camped at Indian Lake near Manistique MI. Decided to pack it up early and headed to Bemidji MN. It was a 500 mile day. Turned was a cool rainy day but we had a nice tailwind. The weather broke as we set up camp on Leach Lake. We enjoyed a nice evening around the fire.

The cool weather and tailwinds yielded about 13 MPG and there must be a glut in the diesel fuel market because it was running significantly cheaper the gas. We never paid over $4 a gallon while regular was running about $4.09. Usually we see the opposite.

Sorry about the sideways pictures but they were transferred from my iPhone and even though they show up the right way they get rotated when I post them.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	leach lake.JPG
Views:	36
Size:	167.7 KB
ID:	186545   Click image for larger version

Name:	gas price.JPG
Views:	43
Size:	121.6 KB
ID:	186546  

Old 05-25-2013, 11:26 PM   #33
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
1995 36' Classic 36
Ludington , Michigan
We spent our last night where we spent the first at Snake Creek in SD. A campground we really like. We were planning on spending a night near North Platte NE but the campgrounds were full or Memorial Day reservations. We pressed on and got home about 7 last night. Another 500 mile day.

The beast ran really nice. I worked on a couple of projects that could have been put off until we got home. Spent the day unpacking and cleaning it up for the next trip. My mind started working on the next group of projects. Mostly cosmetic.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	snake creek.JPG
Views:	39
Size:	104.8 KB
ID:	186548  
Old 05-26-2013, 02:35 PM   #34
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
1995 34' Excella
Lynchburg , Virginia
Dakota

Thanks for taking us with you on your road trip.

Dan