Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums > Classic Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-28-2009, 07:07 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Grosse Pointe Park , Michigan
Seats up for grabs from our 1982 280

I am going to Airstream Factory in Ohio tomorrow to get our sort of new seats installed in the cockpit. I got them off Craigslist and they are newer than ours by probably 20 years or so, off white leather, and have shoulder belts. While I would have liked to have kept the Flexsteel ones, the shoulder belts are important to me. Anyway, the factory will be removing our two caramel colored leather front seats, made by Flexsteel and original to the motorhome, so they are 27 years old. They have been sat in for about 78,000 miles--at least the driver's side has been, so they have had at least 1500 hours of sitting in them. For that age and amount of butt time, they look pretty good. I would not sell them to anyone but am more than willing to donate if anyone is interested. All you'd have to do is let me know and then call Chris at Airstream and ask him to hold onto them for you. He graciously held onto our Craigslist seats until we could get down there--the guy we bought them from was only 15 minutes from there and it didn't make sense for us to drive roundtrip 6 hours to get them, only to return at a later date to have them installed. The seats we bought are (sadly) not Flexsteel but say Airstream on the armrests where you would normally see the Flexsteel name. I think they will look fine, but more importantly, be safer.
Anyway, please let me know if you'd like the front seats. If I get a taker, I'll post that, if not, I'll just have the shop dispose of them.
Thanks,
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	june282009 039.JPG
Views:	167
Size:	420.0 KB
ID:	83074   Click image for larger version

Name:	june282009 038.JPG
Views:	170
Size:	470.6 KB
ID:	83075  

Click image for larger version

Name:	june282009 040.JPG
Views:	142
Size:	448.4 KB
ID:	83076  
"A Silver Lining" or Silvie for short
"Ah, well. I'm off to get my life sustaining supplies - cornmeal and gunpowder, hamhocks and guitar strings."
swanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 07:48 PM   #2
Power to the People !

1972 31' Sovereign
SAN DIMAS , California
Send a message via AIM to Maryw164 Send a message via Skype™ to Maryw164
Way to go! This is what I was referring to in my "pay it forward thread" , people helping people.

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f44/...ote-51390.html

*voting is closed

*if link doesn't work just copy and paste to a new window. The links today have been kind of quirky on the forums. Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't.

Be sure to post this in the classifieds too. Many folks check there for items being offered, and don't always see the threads.

Mary

P.S. Audrey, don't forget to "tag" this thread so others can find it more easily.
Forums member #29232
Check out my new Blogs (work in progress):
https://www.airforums.com/forums/blog...-maryw164.html

https://1972airstreamsovereign.blogspot.com/
Maryw164 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 07:58 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1984 31' Airstream310
Central , Ohio
We sure could use them in our 310! I'm sending you a PM.

Thanks!
Suz

1984 310 Limited Motor Home "The Rockin' A"
Alumatube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 08:16 PM   #4
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Seattle , WA
Those are the right color too!
Old 06-28-2009, 08:51 PM   #5
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
If the first taker can't take, I'll move to the second

I do love to sell stuff, but I can't in good conscience sell something 27 years old that I can't tell you the history of dating back more than 2 weeks. I can't guarantee they won't break or implode or spontaneously combust. Plus, I'd rather see it reused in a similar home than in a landfill. I can tell you that we would have kept them indefinitely as they are comfy if I had not chanced upon three new/newer Airstream seats on Craigslist for a mere $120.00 for all three. We need only two. I'll see what the third is like and get back to the forum with its stats and photos. That one I might actually put on Ebay as I believe it's a brand new off white leather captain's chair and something will have to help cover tomorrow's visit to the mothership. I'm scared they will discover all sorts of hideously expensive things that have to be fixed!
Anyway, thanks for the responses and I hope these caramel leather babies will be adopted by a loving home.
"Ah, well. I'm off to get my life sustaining supplies - cornmeal and gunpowder, hamhocks and guitar strings."
Old 07-01-2009, 05:31 PM   #6
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
So sorry!

But, for now, we have to hold onto our old seats. I have your contact information so if we are able to go ahead with the swap, I"ll let you know. It just wasn't meant to be this time.
On a brighter note, the AS Factory is really neat and we didn't even get to do the tour. The waiting room is terrific, the people were lovely, and there is a little eatery/diner across the way called Hobo's that was very tasty. Our overnight there only lasted from 2 a.m. to 7 a.m. but we spent half the day there while they figured out what was wrong and set up a transmission shop to fix it for us. They also only charged us for 3/4 of an hour and I know they spent more time than that. They could not have been more helpful--even recommending hotels, restaurants, etc. My boys were pretty well-behaved and we decided to try to enjoy our time in central Ohio.
If we decide to go ahead with the seat swap, I'll definitely contact you both. Thanks again.