Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums > Classic Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-24-2012, 06:22 AM   #21
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
1995 36' Classic 36
Ludington , Michigan
The Copper Country (Kewanaw Peninsula) has many copper mines and ore mills. Copper was mined in that area 100s of years. Copper from that region has been traced to Inca artifacts in Central and South America. Those guys really got around! We spent some times exploring the Delaware and Quincy mine sites alone with several ancient mine pits.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Pentax 432 (Large).jpg
Views:	94
Size:	87.2 KB
ID:	159185   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pentax 433 (Large).jpg
Views:	81
Size:	128.1 KB
ID:	159186  

Name:	Pentax 435 (Large).jpg
Views:	84
Size:	114.1 KB
ID:	159187   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pentax 436 (Large).jpg
Views:	111
Size:	160.4 KB
ID:	159188  

Name:	Pentax 388 (Large).jpg
Views:	101
Size:	207.4 KB
ID:	159189   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pentax 392 (Large).jpg
Views:	114
Size:	66.9 KB
ID:	159190  

Name:	Pentax 404 (Large).jpg
Views:	109
Size:	87.0 KB
ID:	159191   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pentax 416 (Large).jpg
Views:	100
Size:	223.5 KB
ID:	159192  

Kota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 06:51 AM   #22
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
1995 36' Classic 36
Ludington , Michigan
This thread is a bit out of sequence as some of the poste were from iphone pictures where we had internet access. the rest were after I got home and uploaded pictures off the camera.

We were trying to make it home Tuesday night but gave up at 3:00 pm after fighting record hot temps (92 degrees) and 40 mph gusty quartering headwinds across SD and Nebraska. We stopped at a "beautiful lakeside resort" on Lake Mcconaughy which turned out to be a misrepresented dump. The lake was 1/2 a mile away with a couple hundred yards of muck to get to the water. It was hot and windy. They did have 50 amp service so we spent the evening inside and ordered the worst pizza I've ever spent $20 on.

The front passed about midnight and we were blessed with a tailwind and 60 degrees for the remaining 200 miles home. Just saw that Nebraska had severe weather late yesterday. We were lucky to dodge the severe weather. Other than a unusually hot day and nasty black fly hatch at the Porkupine Mountains, we had very pleasent cool early season weather.

The AS kept us very comfortable in the hot and cold. Everything functioned flawlessly. It ran flawlessly for the 3000 mile trip. The waste level sensors even started cooperating after a few sensor cleaner treatments. I have a big list of projects to start on. Mostly preventitve maintenance on things I haven't been through yet like changing front wheel bearing lube and flushing the brake fluid...

It was a very pleasent and memorable 3 week excurtion. Cant wait for our next outting.
Kota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 06:58 AM   #23
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
We love the UP, too.

Thanks for sharing.

Maggie