Old 07-13-2006, 07:40 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member
Parts source for 345 rear suspension components?

Anyone know where parts can be sourced for the rear suspesion for 345 (with tag axle). May need torsion bar and new air bags, perhaps other parts too.

Will get into specific needs later but thought this forum would be a good place to start.

Honkity Hank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 08:25 AM   #2
1986 34.5' Airstream 345
Louisville , Kentucky
The drive axle parts are available from any big box auto parts retailer such as AutoZone, NAPA, etc. under a P30 Chassis for the same year as your motorhome. Fleetpride usually carries the heavy duty stuff (air bags, etc.).

The tags are actually off of an Airstream trailer. You should be able to get these from an Airstream dealer or from Inland, Vintage Trailers, etc.

Have to ask - what happened?

Steven Webster
1986 Airstream 345 Classic Motorhome
AIR 1760
swebster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 05:17 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member
Not sure, I am 1/2 owner with a friend of mine and he had an issue on a trip he just took.

The switches that control the air compressor are not working and the air bags were way low, what needs replacing I won't know until I/we get a chance to R&R it. I have a feeling the torsion bar will need replacement.

Thought I would find out a little about parts before I got too far into it.

Old 07-17-2006, 12:56 PM   #4
2 Rivet Member
It looks like I will need to replace the tag/torsion axle, the left side is collapsed and I think a repair will be more than a new axle.

Anyone know the axle specifications or where to find the specs? It does not look to be a big deal to remove and replace assuming nothing is totally frozen/rusted in place.