Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums > Classic Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-06-2007, 11:56 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1988 34.5' Airstream 345
White Lake , Michigan
Looking for body parts to repair my rear back bumper assembly

I just had the unthinkable ... a rear ender on my '88 345 MH... my aluminum rear bumper is pushed in enough to break the plastic lower wrap that reaches all the way to the hatch for the water and electrical hose compartment. Luckily there was no damage to the aluminum but the plastic has broken into multiple pieces. I think the aluminum bumper can be straighten but this plastic wrap is no longer being made ... does anyone have an idea for repairing these plastic wraps? I have left messages at various parts places around the country but I think it may be difficult to find a replacement.. Airstream no longer stocks these parts... looking for ideas ... Mr. D.
Mr. D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 01:44 PM   #2
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

Corona , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. D
I just had the unthinkable ... a rear ender on my '88 345 MH... my aluminum rear bumper is pushed in enough to break the plastic lower wrap that reaches all the way to the hatch for the water and electrical hose compartment. Luckily there was no damage to the aluminum but the plastic has broken into multiple pieces. I think the aluminum bumper can be straighten but this plastic wrap is no longer being made ... does anyone have an idea for repairing these plastic wraps? I have left messages at various parts places around the country but I think it may be difficult to find a replacement.. Airstream no longer stocks these parts... looking for ideas ... Mr. D.

We have in stock, the front end and rear end lower parts on your 345 made with fiberglass.

Andy
Inland RV Center, In is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 07:54 PM   #3
Rivet Master

I have a good used rear bumper and a new drivers side lower wrap available. I am in NC
Richard
RichardT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 09:25 AM   #4
S.S.SLOAN

1987 34.5' Airstream 345
Belgrade , Montana
what about an 87 345 moho?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inland RV Center, In
We have in stock, the front end and rear end lower parts on your 345 made with fiberglass.

Andy
I hope the op was able to respond to these offers in his own way. Andy would you happen to have available the front drivers side "wrap" for mine? Ours is an 87 345 classic moho .Please pm me the price if you have it.
s.s.sloan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 11:47 AM   #5
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

Corona , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by s.s.sloan
I hope the op was able to respond to these offers in his own way. Andy would you happen to have available the front drivers side "wrap" for mine? Ours is an 87 345 classic moho .Please pm me the price if you have it.

The LF motor home banana wrap is part #48732 and is listed along with a photo in our web site, Airstream Innovations at Inland RV Center, Inc. (951) 734-8130

Andy
Inland RV Center, In is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 01:44 PM   #6
Rivet Master

1991 34' Excella
Princeton , New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. D
does anyone have an idea for repairing these plastic wraps? looking for ideas ... Mr. D.
If the basic shape of the part is still there you can repair it with fiberglass sheet material and body puddy. Any boat supply or auto body supply will have the material. Fiberglass is easy to do as long as you have temperatures about 75 degrees, or take the piece inside to work.

If you do repair it yourself make sure you glass both sides, make a sandwitch of the job, or it will crack in time.

HowieE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 12:28 PM   #7
2 Rivet Member

1988 34.5' Airstream 345
White Lake , Michigan
I am most certainly interested in the rear wrap you have for the '88 345 Airsteam. Please send information on how I might view your parts. Thanks, Mr. D.
Mr. D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 02:01 PM   #8
1 Rivet Member

1985 34.5' Airstream 345
bidwell , Ohio
Do you still have these items ? and If so are they the same on a 1985 model 345? please send me the price etc
tlholley is offline   Reply With Quote