Old 08-01-2015, 08:45 PM   #1
Dazed and Confused

Currently Looking...
1983 31' Airstream310
Hillsburgh , Ontario
Locking in profit

It's unfortunate that some people try to make a killing instead of just a living. I hope some karma is in the cards as I'm pretty sure he bought up the very last Keeler lock cylinders from Vintage Airstream supply.

The original posting is here.

Airstream Keeler Brass Company KBC Lock Key Cylinder Plug Trailer RV Door Latch | eBay

This is the response I sent with the link to Vintage.

Dear mebsweet,

I do agree you have a rare lock cylinder and I just bought a spare Keeler lock set myself for $275.00, but that was for the entire lock set. I did have to replace my lock cylinder in my original lock set last year for $50.00 by a locksmith but I am always looking for spares; however your pricing is extreme. Vintage did have NOS cylinders for sale a while back but unfortunately I didn't see the sale but would be willing to pay what Vintage was asking for the cylinder. I have included the link.

NOS New Old Stock Keeler Cylinder

Here's the reply I got back. Note he states that the money offered is what he has into the lock cylinders.

I appreciate your offer. The complete lock you got now sells for $875.00 new and $575.00 used and that is if you can find one , I saw one on ebay sell 6 moths ago for $899.99 . That is the reality of supply and demand on these vintage parts. What you are offering is what I have into them so that does not work . I don't expect to get anymore and several customers have been more than pleased just to be able to get their hands on one . I appreciate the communication , I can work with you on shipping to Canada if you want to go first class international but that s the best I can do . Thank you

- mebsweet

I know he will sell them eventually....but not to me, not at that price.

Per Mare, Per Terram and may all your campaigns be successful.

“It’s a recession when your neighbor loses his job; it’s a depression when you lose your own.” "Harry S Truman"
Isuzusweet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 09:14 PM   #2
Rivet Master
1995 25' Excella
xxxxx , xxxxxx
He is right. It is a matter of supply and demand. He's go the supply. You don't have the demand...If I needed the item and it looked like the supply was drying up, I would suck it up and get the item while it was in front of me.

CRH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 09:20 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1999 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Round Rock , Texas
The cost on those links is not in the hundreds... what am I missing?
Peace and Blessings..
WBCCI# 30676
cwf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 09:28 PM   #4
Rivet Master
1995 25' Excella
xxxxx , xxxxxx
Cutting through it all, it looks like the OP is talking about just the cylinder....It seems Vintage had them for 27 bucks, but now doesn't and someone is now selling them on eBay for 99 bucks.
CRH is online now   Reply With Quote