Old 01-12-2006, 04:44 PM   #1
Rivet Master

1994 30' Excella
Currently Looking...
Milwaukee , Wisconsin
I Washed My Motor Home Outside Today!

You might say big deal so you washed your motor home outside today. Well take a look at where I live. Milwaukee, WI! Many miles north of the Mason Dixon line, closer to the polar ice caps than the tropics. Just south of the frozen tundra of the the Green Bay Packers. The land of the frozen brained people who wear cheese on their heads each time they get on national TV. You've heard of it, two seasons sledding and slush.
Today the temperature rose into the fifties and the sun appeared for the first time this year. I looked out onto the driveway and saw no reflection off of Chummy. Then I remembered the trip to Ohio through the slush and salt and thought this is a great day to wash Chummy outside! I also got my truck washed and watered the evergreens, why not? Maybe tomorrow I can get the lawn mower out and trim the lawn. Who knows by Saturday I may have to get the sun tan lotion out.

Old 01-12-2006, 04:46 PM   #2
Site Team

1975 25' Tradewind
Dewey , Arizona
Enjoy it while you can. It ain't over till the fat groundhog sings!

Richard

Wally Byam Airstream Club 7513
azflycaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 06:42 PM   #3
4 Rivet Member

1991 34' Excella
Mansfield , Texas
Man your sooooo lucky. Its to hot down here to do anything. Water supplies are dwindeling. Were just trying. to conserve water
Old 01-14-2006, 06:07 PM   #4
Rivet Master

1966 26' Overlander
Woodstock , Georgia
today I spent some time trying to get my canopy to stay grounded. It was 37 and the wind was gusting to 40mph. Bitter weather for us where it has been in the 60s and almost 70s.. Tommorow should be better, and i did get to wash my Moho a few weeks ago.
Looking forward to the Spring clean up and re-seal.
AIR #005
Please visit our blogs and web pages:
OUR AIRSTREAM PASSION! BLOG
RESTORING AN AIRSTREAM
Our AIRSTREAM and TIN CAN TOURIST Rallys
ALANSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 06:33 PM   #5
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
Alan, you must have our yesterday's weather today. Here in mid-Mo, we have snow showers one day, near 70's the next, followed by more snow showers, then gale force winds. . .this is no ordinary winter so far. Yes, Texas. . .and Oklahoma and Arkansas, you are parched beyond what we can imagine. Let's hope those gulf or southwest winds bring up some wet for you soon. For all of us, here's to spring, though it's a long look away What we need on the forum is a BIG participation-we've already got cabin fever-it's HOW many days til summer-let's have some fun-thread. I'd suggest a Third Annual Haiku Contest, but I'm afraid I'd be sent to the corner. Come on, creative people, let's get something started to play with and lighten up the winter. Any suggestions? ~G Ok, here's one anyway:

Blasts of silver cold:
Airstream frozen by the pond~
Gypsy-dreams of sun.
Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison, 4X4, Crew Cab
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Go, Mizzou...Tigers on the prowl!
maxandgeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 09:15 PM   #6
Rivet Master

1984 28' Funeral Coach
Belleview , Florida
We could have a golf tournament....I've been working on my game since the third week in Dec. when I stopped traveling for the year. I played more golf the last week of Dec. than I played all year.
The weather here in SC has been wonderful up until today. Kent if the temp is 50's I'm not going near the water. I planned to have the bus washed at the truck wash in GA on my way south. Not quite as good as if I did it myself but for $30 it is worth it.
Tranny service Monday.... vacum out Tuesday...already washed the sheets... 'bout ready to hit the road for another year.
Glen Coombe AIR #8416
1984 28' Funeral Coach
Former Rolling Showroom & PuttLab (now party bus)
"I'm not an expert. But I did sleep in an Airstream last night."
GlenCoombe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 06:14 AM   #7
Rivet Master

1974 27' Overlander
1954 26' Romany Cruiser
1960 26' Overlander
Rockingham County , New Hampshire
Send a message via AIM to balrgn Send a message via Yahoo to balrgn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaplain Kent
You might say big deal so you washed your motor home outside today. Well take a look at where I live. Milwaukee, WI! Many miles north of the Mason Dixon line, closer to the polar ice caps than the tropics. Just south of the frozen tundra of the the Green Bay Packers. The land of the frozen brained people who wear cheese on their heads each time they get on national TV. You've heard of it, two seasons sledding and slush.
Today the temperature rose into the fifties and the sun appeared for the first time this year. I looked out onto the driveway and saw no reflection off of Chummy. Then I remembered the trip to Ohio through the slush and salt and thought this is a great day to wash Chummy outside! I also got my truck washed and watered the evergreens, why not? Maybe tomorrow I can get the lawn mower out and trim the lawn. Who knows by Saturday I may have to get the sun tan lotion out.
What! No pics, too funny, I went over to the garage where Toasty is and when I opened the door the tepm delta caused it to condense, Soooooooo we too the time to wipe it all down with towels. Wouldn't you know it, today it is snowing...
'60 Overlander (Hoagy)
2007 GMC Sierra 2500 HD Duramax
WBCCI 1754 - AIR # 6281
www.balrgn.com
balrgn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 07:43 AM   #8
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
The "S" word

We've BEEN having a very mild winter in Va. Beach. A cold front came through yesterday and the temp dropped from 65 to 45... then last night the wind started to blow. Woke me up a few times during the night, wound the antenna down because it was blowing that hard. This morning I stepped out and crunch - hit the snow on my step.

Fortunately it's only flurries, but the wind is gusting up to 40 mph but wah!

Waiting for spring!

Tin Lizzie
Old 01-15-2006, 08:27 AM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

1972 31' Sovereign
High Springs , Florida
Send a message via AIM to Pick
We hit a low of 28 here in north Florida this morning. Dog's little blue swimming pool had about 1/8" of ice on top, but horses water was not frozen, as it is under a tree. Very windy yesterday and last night. Calm this morning and up to 38 and sunny, as I type this.
Lots of Hot Sauce!
Air # 283
WBCCI 1350
Pick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 08:29 AM   #10
Rivet Master

1984 29' Sovereign
Savannah , Missouri
Thought I would..

Share a picture taken just after midnight of our Winter Snow Storm..Jan, 15, 2006. Picture was taken with a cellphone camera..
Burrr, it's 21* outside with high winds and blowing snow drifts..
Several of the others were taken over the holiday in Virginia Beach, Va.
53FC
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Early Morning Wintery Snow Blast, Jan15, 2k6.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	72.5 KB
ID:	17670   Click image for larger version

Name:	SilverTurtle at VirginiaBeach, New Year's EVE, 2k5.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	90.5 KB
ID:	17671  

Click image for larger version

Name:	SilverTurtle, with Black Goat, at VirginiaBeach, 2k5.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	92.0 KB
ID:	17672   Click image for larger version

Name:	SilverTurtle in VirginiaBeach, 2k5.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	81.0 KB
ID:	17673  

NEU #64
New England Unit
53flyingcloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 09:52 AM   #11
Rivet Master

1994 30' Excella
Currently Looking...
Milwaukee , Wisconsin
What we need on the forum is a BIG participation-we've already got cabin fever-it's HOW many days til summer-let's have some fun-thread. I'd suggest a Third Annual Haiku Contest, but I'm afraid I'd be sent to the corner. Come on, creative people, let's get something started to play with and lighten up the winter. Any suggestions? ~G Ok, here's one anyway:

Blasts of silver cold:
Airstream frozen by the pond~
Gypsy-dreams of sun.[/quote]"

I agree we need to start the spring early this year. This winter is too weird. Today it is in the 40's and I still get to wear shorts but will need a sweater. I did get some raking done in the yard but the ground was too wet for mowing. I will not be surprised if the daffodils pop their heads out soon.

How about sharing the most embarrassing thing you have done with your Airstream?
I would be happy to start; however, I don't know where to start. It is not that I am afraid to share my zipper down moments with a few thousand caring and understanding friends it is just that there are so many of them. OK since it is my idea I get more than one embarrassing thing.
Let me start with day three of ownership of Chummy. My wife and I had stopped at a Walmart in New Hampshire to pick up supplies. Remember that one Balrgn? Being a safe driver I always drive with my lights on. Well Chummy does not tell me to turn the lights off when I stop. The day before I had run the battery down and had to have AAA come and jump us to get started. So now I get in and try to start the engine and it does nothing. Naturally I think it has to be that I forgot to turn off the lights. I reach down and push in the light switch and think nothing of the fact that they were already turned off. I am never wrong, right? I then walk back to Walmart and talk the Walmart guy into coming out with his jumper thing and we get it all hooked up. I turn the key and nothing. Hmm. I turn the key and there is nothing again. The Walmart guy says: "Just a minute I think the connections are not tight enough." He jiggles his connections while I at that same time realize that the gear shift is in drive not park! You see the selector indicator is broken and I did not check it before trying to start the engine. I put the selector into park and turn the key and suddenly the engine springs to life. The Walmart guy is proud of himself for figuring out that he needed to jiggle the wires and I never told him the transmission was really in drive all the time. Now you know the truth but please do not tell the guy at Walmart he probably is still bragging about how he figured out how to start that motor home.

Who is going to be next?
Old 01-15-2006, 12:25 PM   #12
Rivet Master

1974 27' Overlander
1954 26' Romany Cruiser
1960 26' Overlander
Rockingham County , New Hampshire
Send a message via AIM to balrgn Send a message via Yahoo to balrgn
Yes I do remember that! Now I feel bad, I left you there broke down, We din’t know!!!

Hmmm the most embarrassing eh? Well it would have to be with the Argosy 24, the White Pearl. I took it up to our camp in the mountains, got it up the drive, this year has been very wet, the mud was pretty slick there. I was very careful to avoid the soft lawn. I started to back up into position (all by myself) everything was going well till all of a sudden I was rolling down hill, no brakes! (the brake cable from the camper has slipped out of the recepticle) When I stopped, I was axle deep in mud and jackknifed. I got out, walked around and a passer by pulled over, yelled to the car behind him, “I can’t leave hi like that, let’s see if he needs a hand”. To my astonishment, they walked up the drive to offer assistance, I told him I was OK, I had a buddy an hour behind me and pointed to a CAT 305 Excavator parked at the top of the hill J. Sure was nice to see someone stop to help in the middle of no where.
Once Don got there we pulled trailer and truck all hooked up, up the hill out of the muck.

'60 Overlander (Hoagy)
2007 GMC Sierra 2500 HD Duramax
WBCCI 1754 - AIR # 6281
www.balrgn.com
balrgn is offline   Reply With Quote