Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums > Classic Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-27-2011, 07:54 PM   #1
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
1989 34.5' Airstream 345
Cleveland , Tennessee
How interchangable are the windshields?

Are the windsheilds in all classic & Argosy MH's the same? If they're different, which years are interchagable? I'm looking for windsheilds for a 1989 classic MH.
Ricky

AIR 22749 WBCCI 2349 NOVA TAC TN-6
1989 345 LE Classic Motorhome
3 Dog Nite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 08:15 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1989 34.5' Airstream 345
Jamestown , Kentucky
Not yours I Hope.

The 1st. thing I would do is call Jackson Center
John H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 09:01 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1982 28' Airstream 280
Port Angeles , Washington
Any competent windshield installer can obtain the glass. Be vary of used glass, as it gets older it gets brittle.

I recently cracked a windshield. When the guy looked at it he insisted on a new gasket, mine was hard as a rock, and the other side windshield replacement on hand. He said it is real hard getting an older windshield back in without breaking it. The insurance whimpered but went along with it. I could not believe how hard and how much he had to beat on that glass to get it in the gasket, and this was a new soft gasket. Anyway I now have a new gasket and new windshield glass on both sides. By the way it is a one piece gasket for both sides

The numbers on the windshields in my coach indicated one side was correct for the coach the other side was for a newer coach, it had been previously replaced. There was a difference and the supplier insisted he come back and measure the existing glass to make sure they send the correct glass. The installer said it looked like the previous installer may have trimmed a bit off the top of the glass to get it to fit.

Cheers, Dan
Smartstream is offline   Reply With Quote