Old 09-02-2016, 09:17 AM   #15
Rivet Master
1996 25' Excella
Tillsonburg , Ontario
Ditto the insurance buy back. Friends had their 34 totaled by the ins co. They bought it back and repaired it at P&S in Ohio. Looks great and was cheaper than getting another unit. Roof damage that can't be seen can be filled in and painted white.

JCWDCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 10:30 AM   #16
2 Rivet Member
2015 27' FB International
Mary Esther , Florida
Well 3 panels on top and 3 or so for front cap and rear cap get your ins ck made in your name do what you can live with put the rest in the bank,smile with your road warrior dents who cares? You will be $$$ n cents ahead! Get on the road have fun. We thought the world ended when hail beat us up $16,000 later who cares if you have a ding. After sitting in the sun some will pop out and folks say wow is that a new one, I just smile and say yes it's a 2015 with honor dings road medals!😎
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	311.4 KB
ID:	270590  

Grateful2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 11:02 AM   #17
3 Rivet Member

1975 29' Ambassador
1986 34.5' Airstream 345
Grefrath/ Germany , NRW
Oh my dear,
but as our other friends sayed, just repair the visible ones, the front can be easily reached by a "normal bodyshop", the windshield gasket is available at "". You can ask AIRSTREAM Inc. service in J kson Center OH for an estimate, to show it to your insurance, they gave me a reasonable quote after an "kick" from an idiot in my left/back panel.
The clearnce lights are available for cheap money ("bulls eye") at vintage trailer supply, be aware, the new LED do not fit well ghe housing!!!!
The remote light is a comon gadget on many, many RV's, not only Airstream.
The electric trumpets can be found in many "Trucker-stores", a wide range is available at "".
Try to ignore the dents, as much as you can, enjoy the insurance check (if available) and spent this for chassis improovements!
Happy travels!!!!!
Best wishes from Grefrath/Germany sent's Marcus

I am attaching a few pictures from the clearance marker!

Name:	ImageUploadedByAirstream Forums1473008168.638364.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	297.6 KB
ID:	270789

Name:	ImageUploadedByAirstream Forums1473008202.911101.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	83.6 KB
ID:	270790

Name:	ImageUploadedByAirstream Forums1473008239.313318.jpg
Size:	271.4 KB
ID:	270791

Name:	ImageUploadedByAirstream Forums1473008276.464168.jpg
Size:	292.3 KB
ID:	270792
What you see here, are the new LED clearance markers from "vintage trailer supply", they do not fit well...!

Name:	ImageUploadedByAirstream Forums1473008378.470458.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	286.6 KB
ID:	270793
This is the OEM clearance marker.
You could by only the (cheap!) lenses, but normally the white plastic base is totallly worn after all these years.

Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums!
Roquefort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 02:39 PM   #18
2 Rivet Member
Durango , Colorado
Paint-less Dent Repair for Hail Damage Question?

I too live in Colorado which has been the target of many more hail storms than in past years. Call it global warming events or whatever, but the violent microbursts seem to be much more prevalent than in years past. I purchased my 2007 Bambi in Oct. of last year and since then it has weathered 3 hail storms.
Does anyone have any first hand experience with removing the dimples by a qualified paint-less dent repair technician? AS owners seem to offer that as a possible solution but does anyone have any real time experience and if so, does it make the aesthetic appearance better or worse? If someone has experience can you provide before and after pictures? I just received a settlement from my insurance company for the damage. There is a fine line between establishing a settlement that prevents the insurance company from totaling the trailer and the estimate to repair. It is my understanding that when the AS is totaled by the insurance company you are offered the opportunity to buy the trailer back at approximately 1/2 the NADA book value. You also end up with a salvage title which might make it harder to sell if and when you want to upgrade. If anyone is interested they can PM me about my settlement with Travelers Insurance Company. I do not have my AS insured at an agreed value due to the high cost of the premiums and the age of my AS.
Thanks for this thread,

pkm123 is offline   Reply With Quote