Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-24-2018, 03:04 PM   #1
4 Rivet Member

1987 34.5' Airstream 345
Menomonee Falls , Wisconsin
Gray window channel for classics

hey,
Guys, I think we re screwed. My guy is having trouble . I'll talk to him tomorrow and we lol know then. But... I found something that may work better. 40 inch heavy duty zip ties. They are exactly the right with to fit in the channels. They re hard enough to hold up the frame. I doubled them up top and bottom on one window. The thing glides perfectly. I may go three on the top. That'll keep the window fron tipping and thus pinching the lower corner of the frame. Gotta experiment a little more to dial it in. But I may be on to something here. Super cheap too. Got them at my local true value hardware store.
Heavy duty 40 inch zip ties. Comes a bag of ten I think. DJ
davejay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 08:12 AM   #2
Rivet Master

1974 20' Argosy 20
Richmond , Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by davejay View Post
hey,
Guys, I think we re screwed. My guy is having trouble . I'll talk to him tomorrow and we lol know then. But... I found something that may work better. 40 inch heavy duty zip ties. They are exactly the right with to fit in the channels. They re hard enough to hold up the frame. I doubled them up top and bottom on one window. The thing glides perfectly. I may go three on the top. That'll keep the window fron tipping and thus pinching the lower corner of the frame. Gotta experiment a little more to dial it in. But I may be on to something here. Super cheap too. Got them at my local true value hardware store.
Heavy duty 40 inch zip ties. Comes a bag of ten I think. DJ
Post some pictures......
1974 31' Excella trailer (parting out, as of 4/1/2015 I have wheels & windows left to sell)
bkahler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 06:31 PM   #3
4 Rivet Member

1987 34.5' Airstream 345
Menomonee Falls , Wisconsin
Hey,
I talked to my guy today. He's been in the hospital all last week. He s got his router machine up and running, and he's got a guy that will show him how to work it. But he was sick. So, I said let me know when your up and operational. Anyway, that's where we re at. I'll keep y'all in the loop.
Those zip ties I refered to are Super heavy duty, those are 1/2 inch wide and come in 40 inch . I got two windows done, it's looking promising. The only thing I don't like, is the window slides against the vertical channel edges of the frame. It's not bad, just a little sticky. DJ
davejay is offline   Reply With Quote