Old 04-19-2006, 06:46 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member
First family trip -->successful

Our first trip in the Classic was an unqualified success. We stayed at Fort Wilderness at WDW. The campground there is very well maintained with large sites separated by landscaping. Pool, watersports, campfire sign alongs, movies, plenty to keep the troops busy even if you don't want to go to one of the theme parks. That said the real story is that we made it there and back with no issues.

Not sure what mileage we got as the odo is inoperative but what ever it was is okay. Great way to travel, everyone had plenty of room to get comfortable and the sleeping arrangements worked fine for the 4 of us.

Complaints, a few. Better sound insulation would be nice as it is a little noisy on the road. The dash air was not working a result of something we did when working out some other bugs, so a fair amount of heat was coming in instead of nice cool air.

Sprung a water leak behind the hamper in the bathroom that soaked the carpet and vanity unit. That is fixable though. Water tasted horrible according to my wife but did not bother me since I only used it for washing.

And my leveling jacks refused to work for some unknown reason. That is all the bad. The good, everyone had fun, no planes to catch or cars to rent, lots of room to travel, comfortable when parked. Looking forward to the next trip.

See you on the road.

Honkity Hank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 07:19 PM   #2
1986 34.5' Airstream 345
Louisville , Kentucky
Glad you had a successful first trip. There is no better way to travel IMHO

Steven Webster
1986 Airstream 345 Classic Motorhome
AIR 1760
swebster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 07:57 PM   #3
3 Rivet Member
canton , tx
A great first trip in my opinion. I thought my first trip (driving from Pa. to Tx.) was succussful with only two breakdowns. We love our classic mh. joe
rvlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 09:06 PM   #4
Rivet Master
Commercial Member
Currently Looking...
Naples, FL , Hood River, OR

I just completed the 1 week tech school from HWH and I'm now a factory authorized service center. If you have their jacks, let me know and I might be able to diagnose the problem for you, as I now have most of their manuals.
Lew Farber...RVIA Certified Master Tech...ABYC Certified Master Marine Electrician
lewster is online now   Reply With Quote