Old 06-05-2009, 04:59 PM   #15
2 Rivet Member

1982 28' Airstream 280
Venice , California
Well I owe you an enourmous thanks. I did as you mentioned and we successfully hit the road late last night (albeit a few hours behind schedule!). We just landed in NoCal and had a great drive. With one exception...

Apparently a rock from the road hit the moving panel of the drivers window and shattered it on contact. Scared the hell out of us, but we're fine. Will I be able to have any ordinary auto glass guy replace that or will it require ordering a special Airstream part? The handle flew out the window, so that's going to have to be replaced. But the glass appears to be standard autoglass, slightly curved in one axis and set into the felted slide channel.

Thoughts?

And again, thanks!

Dale

Old 06-05-2009, 05:56 PM   #16
Well Preserved

1993 21' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalefox View Post
Well I owe you an enourmous thanks. I did as you mentioned and we successfully hit the road late last night (albeit a few hours behind schedule!). We just landed in NoCal and had a great drive. With one exception...

Apparently a rock from the road hit the moving panel of the drivers window and shattered it on contact. Scared the hell out of us, but we're fine. Will I be able to have any ordinary auto glass guy replace that or will it require ordering a special Airstream part? The handle flew out the window, so that's going to have to be replaced. But the glass appears to be standard autoglass, slightly curved in one axis and set into the felted slide channel.

Thoughts?

And again, thanks!

Dale
Dale, the window is special, as is the handle. If you can hold on until you get back, I think Inland has both the window and converter, you could get them both taken care of at that time.

Old 06-05-2009, 06:14 PM   #17
Rivet Master

1975 Argosy 26
1963 24' Tradewind
Seattle , Washington
Nice work Terry!
Marc
Old 06-05-2009, 09:00 PM   #18
4 Rivet Member

1977 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
1973 21' Globetrotter
1975 26' Argosy 26
Vista , California
Yes get a charge wizard,most any rv dealer will have one. I think you still have a bad fuse or loose conection.If your batteries are good you will have power without the charger.

Bibbs
Old 06-10-2009, 07:49 AM   #19
Jamie

1984 31' Limited
1983 31' Airstream310
Oriental , North Carolina
Univolts have a reputation of cooking (boiling) b atteries when the coach is left plugged in for long periods. The "Intellipower 9100 with charge wizard" is a huge improvement. You can also install a simple switch in the 120vAC plug wire - mine is located in the reefer compartment for outside access. That way it is quick and simple to turn the noisy thing off when in storage mode. ALSO there is a solenoid-type relay on the back side of the battery tray (you have to get underneath to see it). It's normal function is to combine batteries for engine starting.
Old 06-10-2009, 11:12 AM   #20
2 Rivet Member

1982 28' Airstream 280
Venice , California
Thanks, guys. The problem was actually twofold: 1. My univolt failed. 2. My fuse block has a major short on the positive 50A lead. I'm about to do some major upgrades and am going to post a new thread on them right now. Yeah! Upgrades!

/dalefox