Old 12-17-2006, 07:32 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member
Springfield , Ohio
Electrical Gremlin..

This one is strange. After recently installing the following: a new chassis battery, two new NAPA's best RV batteries, a new 120 amp isolator and a 60 amp Intellicharger with remote Wizzard, I experienced this situation. Last night, with all batteries charged and the shore cord pluged in, the 345 sat overnight with one furnace on and the isle lights on. This morning, the isle lites were very dim and there was not enough power to turn on the control panel to check battery condition. I attempted to start the coach which it did normally. I then turned the engine off and the isle lights were bright and everything functioned normally. I'm at a loss as to what could have caused this situation. I question that the isolator was hooked up correctly. Aside from that does anyone have a suggestion? Has anyone else had this happen?

Thanks for your input!
JK Woodrow

JKWoodrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 09:51 PM   #2
Rivet Master
1969 31' Sovereign
Broken Arrow , Oklahoma
Since you were pluged in to shore power the Intellicharger should have put out enough to run the furnance & lights with no problem. However; the batteries ran down so there was no charge going to them and this comes from Intellicharger by way of the 120 VAC shore power. I would guess you had a loose or bad connection to shore power, I doubt the isolator was the problem.

garry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 07:07 AM   #3
1 Rivet Member
Springfield , Ohio
Thanks Gary. I did have 120V as indicated by the plug in voltage meter. I've not had a chance to dig into it further.
JKWoodrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 06:12 PM   #4
4 Rivet Member
1986 34.5' Airstream 345
Speedway , Indiana
I have seen situations where you can have a loose/dirty connection, or bad wire. You will read the proper voltage, but the connection will not allow much flow or current. Even though the voltage reads normal, the system will not have enough current to keep up to demand.
Robfike is offline   Reply With Quote