Old 10-29-2010, 01:04 AM   #15
Rivet Master
1989 34.5' Airstream 345
Silverton , Colorado
I still maintain that the jacks are leveling jacks, as that is what the original documents state...I know that dealers claim things just to sell the item, but this was a 1989 unit, when the dealers didn't have to claim false to sell good...heck, the original invoice has a price of $157, wonder it's still in one piece and still runs...m

Michael & Tracy
1989 345 Motorhome
We live for the moment, 'cause when you get there, it's gone...
ScrapIrony-2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 08:48 PM   #16

1998 34' Excella 1000
1995 36' Classic 36
Spencerville , Maryland
This past week I had Beckley's of Thurmont, MD repair my door. Unfortunately they only put ONE BUSHING on one of the hinges... which leaves the other hinge with no support. Now, anyone with half a brain knows that is going to develop problems real quick. I am not at all happy with this.... and on top of that they charged me $209 for a pressure leak test which I was told showed no leaks - well today it rained and there were a couple of leaks. Good grief.

GREENovaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 06:25 AM   #17
2 Rivet Member
2006 19' Safari
Currently Looking...
Newark , Delaware
Originally Posted by Delaware View Post
I have a pair of new hinges that I purchased for my 1992 350LE. Turns out that I didn't need them after all. I did remove the door to do some work on the screen door. Contrary to Brad's post I did not have to drill access holes in the door. I did in the wall though. I carefully pulled back the fabric wall covering, drilled four 3/4" access holes [to access the nuts]. When I was done I replaced the fabric and you would never know that anything was done. If anyone is interested in the hinges let me know. - Jim
Hinges are sold.
Delaware is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 08:07 AM   #18
Currently Looking...
1984 31' Airstream310
Lubbock , Texas
Unhappy Door Hinge Repair

Welcome to the incompetant world of RV techs. Now you can see why some of us perform our own repairs. It amazes me that dealers have the brass to charge for some repairs, since they are so poorly performed. Sorry you had a bad experience though. That is one reason I stay with my rig when repairs are being done that I can't perform myself. I don't care what their insurance (no one permitted in shop) says, if I can't stay I don't play.
A Man has got know his limitations-Dirty Harry
That's Some Bad Hat Harry-Jaws 1978
kmpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 02:59 PM   #19
2 Rivet Member
2006 19' Safari
Currently Looking...
Newark , Delaware
I stay away from dealer service as well. I've had costly bad experiences at several in our area. As we travel from Delaware to Michigan each Summer if I need anything done [that I can't handle] I stop in Jackson Center. They always do a great job, consult with you on their approach and let you observe. They're still costly though!

Delaware is offline   Reply With Quote

door, door hinge, hinge