Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 02-14-2013, 08:34 PM   #967
Rivet Master
 
1982 28' Airstream 280
Redwood City , California
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,735
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkahler View Post

Here ya go, only picture I can find.
Derek and Brad, looks like all three of us have different water fillers.
__________________

__________________
http://projectupdraft.com/airstream

"We are free to go where we wish and to be what we are"
Richard Bach, Jonathan Livingston Seagall
dadstoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 08:48 PM   #968
Rivet Master
 
1982 28' Airstream 280
Redwood City , California
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,735
I'm getting closer to installing the carpet.

The seat belts are in. I'm sure they will sit right there on the floor for the next 10 years just as they have done for the past 10. The couch frame is back in and reinforced. Both floor areas are patched. I finished the outlets on the passenger side wall panel as well as the top trim is on and curtain rails are reinstalled. I put the 12 volt outlet together from misc parts I had sitting around.

The leak behind the passenger seat on the main floor is coming from the seams right in that corner. Water runs down the outside and runs into the engine vent. It then gets in behind the vent and runs down the inside of the back of the wheel well. It runs along the channel that sits on top of the plywood and right on inside. The caulking in the wheel well was no longer sealing off the water.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3428054510.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	446.3 KB
ID:	178990   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3216493956.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	440.8 KB
ID:	178991  

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3972056435.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	449.8 KB
ID:	178992   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3300321765.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	431.1 KB
ID:	178993  

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3596446663.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	493.9 KB
ID:	178994   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3651490850.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	509.0 KB
ID:	178995  

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2027844189.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	423.1 KB
ID:	178996   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3127928556.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	438.5 KB
ID:	178997  

__________________

__________________
http://projectupdraft.com/airstream

"We are free to go where we wish and to be what we are"
Richard Bach, Jonathan Livingston Seagall
dadstoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 08:22 AM   #969
Rivet Master
 
bkahler's Avatar

 
1974 20' Argosy 20
Richmond , Kentucky
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 6,367
Quote:
Originally Posted by dadstoy View Post
The leak behind the passenger seat on the main floor is coming from the seams right in that corner. Water runs down the outside and runs into the engine vent. It then gets in behind the vent and runs down the inside of the back of the wheel well. It runs along the channel that sits on top of the plywood and right on inside. The caulking in the wheel well was no longer sealing off the water.
Dean, definitely looking good!

The area you describe above is completely different than how my 74 Argosy is laid out. The are leading into the wall along the passenger (and drivers) side is open from inside the wheel well. What Airstream did is sealed the inner wall skin where it is riveted to the ribs. Our 310 and 345 are the same as your rig. I plan on modifying the Argosy to seal that area off like the later models. Just makes more sense to me.

My Argosy uses the same water filler as yours. So it looks like Airstream used at least three different styles of filler doors. My guess is they bought whatever was available.

Brad
__________________
Air forums # 1674
1974 20' Argosy Motor Home
1974 31' Excella trailer (parting out, as of 4/1/2015 I have wheels, brake drums, windows & holding tanks left to sell)
bkahler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 08:17 PM   #970
Rivet Master
 
1982 28' Airstream 280
Redwood City , California
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,735
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkahler View Post

Dean, definitely looking good!

The area you describe above is completely different than how my 74 Argosy is laid out. The are leading into the wall along the passenger (and drivers) side is open from inside the wheel well. What Airstream did is sealed the inner wall skin where it is riveted to the ribs. Our 310 and 345 are the same as your rig. I plan on modifying the Argosy to seal that area off like the later models. Just makes more sense to me.

My Argosy uses the same water filler as yours. So it looks like Airstream used at least three different styles of filler doors. My guess is they bought whatever was available.

Brad
Thanks Brad. I do like the water filler that I have. It makes it easy to refill tank from 5 gallon containers like we did at Burning Man last year.
__________________
http://projectupdraft.com/airstream

"We are free to go where we wish and to be what we are"
Richard Bach, Jonathan Livingston Seagall
dadstoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 08:21 PM   #971
Rivet Master
 
1982 28' Airstream 280
Redwood City , California
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,735
I finally got some carpet in. It was a real bear stretching the carpet enough so that it would stay in the tack strips. I have the little area rear of the step and the battery hatch to do as well as the cab. That will all be next time, heading home tomorrow!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2748912582.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	519.8 KB
ID:	179102   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2439854698.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	677.9 KB
ID:	179103  

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-835728564.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	453.3 KB
ID:	179104   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2412501220.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	520.2 KB
ID:	179105  

__________________
http://projectupdraft.com/airstream

"We are free to go where we wish and to be what we are"
Richard Bach, Jonathan Livingston Seagall
dadstoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 07:14 AM   #972
Rivet Master
 
bkahler's Avatar

 
1974 20' Argosy 20
Richmond , Kentucky
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 6,367
Quote:
Originally Posted by dadstoy View Post
I also made a small pan for the water pump to sit in under the kitchen cabinet. One thing I seem to always be dealing with are leaks in the water pump fittings.
Dean, adding a pan is a great idea! I've started laying things out as to where I want to put them and just before heading out on my trip I had decided where to place the pump. I'll have to look at the area again and see what size pan I could use.

Thanks!

Brad
__________________
Air forums # 1674
1974 20' Argosy Motor Home
1974 31' Excella trailer (parting out, as of 4/1/2015 I have wheels, brake drums, windows & holding tanks left to sell)
bkahler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 07:29 AM   #973
Rivet Master
 
bkahler's Avatar

 
1974 20' Argosy 20
Richmond , Kentucky
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 6,367
Dean, what size kitchen sink did you install? I have to replace mine due to rust and I'd like to go with a single bowl similar to yours.

Thanks!

Brad
__________________
Air forums # 1674
1974 20' Argosy Motor Home
1974 31' Excella trailer (parting out, as of 4/1/2015 I have wheels, brake drums, windows & holding tanks left to sell)
bkahler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 07:41 PM   #974
Rivet Master
 
1982 28' Airstream 280
Redwood City , California
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,735
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkahler View Post
Dean, what size kitchen sink did you install? I have to replace mine due to rust and I'd like to go with a single bowl similar to yours.

Thanks!

Brad
It's an Elkay Sink and it's about 18 x 13 and 8 or 9 inches deep. The drain worked out fine even with the deep sink. There were two things I just could hardly wait to get rid of. One was that silly built in blender and that horribly ugly little two bowl sink!
__________________
http://projectupdraft.com/airstream

"We are free to go where we wish and to be what we are"
Richard Bach, Jonathan Livingston Seagall
dadstoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 08:44 PM   #975
65th Anniversary CLIPPER
 
masseyfarm's Avatar

 
1996 36' Clipper Bus
Tub City , British Columbia
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 3,274
Images: 55
Those built in Kitchen Center Blenders are a real collector item. I hope you done it justice and made big bucks on it.

Dave
__________________
masseyfarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 10:01 PM   #976
Rivet Master
 
1982 28' Airstream 280
Redwood City , California
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,735
Quote:
Originally Posted by masseyfarm View Post
Those built in Kitchen Center Blenders are a real collector item. I hope you done it justice and made big bucks on it.

Dave
Dave, make me an offer I can't refuse!

I don't have the glass pitcher/bowl, but do have a few attachments. The base is sitting in the back of the truck along with the rotted flooring, the 30 year old rusted furnace, the old sink and old plumbing, empty caulking tubes and empty beer bottles...all ready to hit the dump in a day or two!
__________________
http://projectupdraft.com/airstream

"We are free to go where we wish and to be what we are"
Richard Bach, Jonathan Livingston Seagall
dadstoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 07:08 AM   #977
Rivet Master
 
bkahler's Avatar

 
1974 20' Argosy 20
Richmond , Kentucky
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 6,367
Quote:
Originally Posted by dadstoy View Post
It's an Elkay Sink and it's about 18 x 13 and 8 or 9 inches deep. The drain worked out fine even with the deep sink. There were two things I just could hardly wait to get rid of. One was that silly built in blender and that horribly ugly little two bowl sink!
Dean, thanks for the info. I'm not sure I can use one that deep but the overall size sounds perfect. The water heater is directly below my sink so space could be an issue. I'll have to measure when I get home.

Thanks!

Brad
__________________
Air forums # 1674
1974 20' Argosy Motor Home
1974 31' Excella trailer (parting out, as of 4/1/2015 I have wheels, brake drums, windows & holding tanks left to sell)
bkahler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 10:15 AM   #978
2 Rivet Member
 
huberto's Avatar
 
1979 24' Airstream Excella 24
Monterey , California
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 40
Images: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by dadstoy View Post
Dave, make me an offer I can't refuse!

I don't have the glass pitcher/bowl, but do have a few attachments. The base is sitting in the back of the truck along with the rotted flooring, the 30 year old rusted furnace, the old sink and old plumbing, empty caulking tubes and empty beer bottles...all ready to hit the dump in a day or two!
You can get a lot for the Nutone Food Center base. I paid $75 for one on eBay. I'll take any attachments you have for a reasonable price. Chris
__________________
huberto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 08:13 PM   #979
Rivet Master
 
1982 28' Airstream 280
Redwood City , California
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,735
Quote:
Originally Posted by huberto View Post

You can get a lot for the Nutone Food Center base. I paid $75 for one on eBay. I'll take any attachments you have for a reasonable price. Chris
Chris, as long as you're not going to sell them, but will actually use them, the attachments are yours for the price of shipping them to you. I'll try to take a photo of what I have tomorrow and post so you can see.
__________________
http://projectupdraft.com/airstream

"We are free to go where we wish and to be what we are"
Richard Bach, Jonathan Livingston Seagall
dadstoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 08:58 PM   #980
Rivet Master
 
1989 34.5' Airstream 345
Silverton , Colorado
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 2,101
And this, folks, is an airstream community...
__________________

__________________
Michael & Tracy
1989 345 Motorhome
CHARTER MEMBERS: FOUR CORNERS UNIT, AND PROUD OF IT!!!
We live for the moment, 'cause when you get there, it's gone...
ScrapIrony-2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
1982 airstream 280, 28', motorhome


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Airstream toy trailer, furnished, 2002 edition, 11" eBay Watch Airstreams on eBay 0 01-18-2011 10:00 AM
'68 Overlander to Toy Hauler maxtime General Repair Forum 5 01-01-2011 09:32 AM


Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:11 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Airstream is a registered trademark of Airstream Inc. All rights reserved. Airstream trademark used under license to Social Knowledge LLC.