Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-24-2011, 09:34 AM   #1
Rivet Master

1989 34.5' Airstream 345
Saint Petersburg , Florida
Coolamatic

One more trip to Airstream last evening. Owner and I did a walk-around, him showing me all of the little bits here and there. The Cool-A-Matic fan above the kitchen area isn't working. He's torn out the grill and has attempted a few different approaches to getting this thing to work. Have an Airstream buddy who's saying this thing isn't worth the trouble for all of the noise it creates when it does work. I'm being told, get the Fantastic Vent fan and pitch the Cool-A-Matic. Does anyone have the Cool-A-Matic, is it worth trying to repair, or am I better off buying and installing the Fantastic Vent?
Thanks, Derek
crazeevw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 08:17 AM   #2
Rivet Master

1989 34.5' Airstream 345
Silverton , Colorado
Our coolamatic cover diasappeared in AZ, somewhere, but the first rainstorm after this unnoticed reduction let us know...climbed up on the ladder...no cover, but an unplanned wash job...took it to Oasis in Tucson, and had them put in a Fantastci Fan...all the bells and whistles, although the remote wasn't yet in the works...have come back from a few short trips where the sky was blue, but the automatic closure saved a lot of water damage...m
We live for the moment, 'cause when you get there, it's gone...
ScrapIrony-2 is offline   Reply With Quote