Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums > Classic Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-07-2018, 02:43 PM   #1101
Rivet Master

1994 36' Classic 36 Diesel
Colorado Springs , Colorado
Now that we are within a month of the event, I can ask for an exception to policy to miss a day of training. I will inquire on Monday, but would not be surprised if it is summarily denied. However, you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Let me know if there is a possible spot.
Old 04-07-2018, 04:14 PM   #1102
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
1995 36' Classic 36
Ludington , Michigan
Classic Motor home get together

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vycan View Post
Now that we are within a month of the event, I can ask for an exception to policy to miss a day of training. I will inquire on Monday, but would not be surprised if it is summarily denied. However, you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Let me know if there is a possible spot.

There is. Hope you can make it!

So far in not missing those nights in the sweat box!
Kota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 04:33 PM   #1103
Tap
Newbie -- 1981 280 MoHo

1981 28' Airstream 280
Minneapolis/St. Paul , Minnesota
Quote:

Vycan, it would be so great to see you and your fam again!
Old 04-08-2018, 05:05 PM   #1104
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
1995 36' Classic 36
Ludington , Michigan
So far we have:

Mayco
Bobmiller1
Isuzusweet
Choctawmel
Tap
Hopefully Vycan
Kota

Still plenty of space. I’ve got 10 sites reserved.
Old 04-08-2018, 05:24 PM   #1105
4 Rivet Member

1985 32.5' Airstream 325
Lindsay , Ontario
Did you put us down for spot Dave
shepherd57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 05:25 PM   #1106
Dazed and Confused

Currently Looking...
1983 31' Airstream310
Hillsburgh , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kota View Post
So far we have:

Mayco
Bobmiller1
Isuzusweet
Choctawmel
Tap
Hopefully Vycan
Kota

Still plenty of space. I’ve got 10 sites reserved.
Did Shepherd57 back out? If he did, he didn't tell me this weekend when I talked to him.

I also thought Grosspolluter maybe coming.

Cheers
Sidekick Tony

“It’s a recession when your neighbor loses his job; it’s a depression when you lose your own.” "Harry S Truman"
Isuzusweet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 11:19 PM   #1107
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
1995 36' Classic 36
Ludington , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isuzusweet View Post
Did Shepherd57 back out? If he did, he didn't tell me this weekend when I talked to him.

I also thought Grosspolluter maybe coming.

Cheers

Sidekick Tony

I may have missed them when I went back through the list. I’ll add them.
Old 04-08-2018, 11:25 PM   #1108
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
1995 36' Classic 36
Ludington , Michigan
Mayco
Bobmiller1
Isuzusweet
Choctawmel
Tap
Hopefully Vycan
Kota
Shepherd57
Grosspoluter

Updated. Sorry I missed them! Anybody else? Still space.
Old 04-11-2018, 06:29 PM   #1109
Rivet Master

Partial good'ish news. The 17th I must work, but the decision makers said the 18th is a possibility and need to deliberate. If so, I can leave on the 17th after work, and arrive super late, then join yall on the 18th and 19th with a departure super early on the 20th. So early any pics will need to occur on 19May18. More to follow.
Old 04-11-2018, 08:25 PM   #1110
Tap
Newbie -- 1981 280 MoHo

1981 28' Airstream 280
Minneapolis/St. Paul , Minnesota
Quote:
Partial good'ish news. The 17th I must work, but the decision makers said the 18th is a possibility and need to deliberate. If so, I can leave on the 17th after work, and arrive super late, then join yall on the 18th and 19th with a departure super early on the 20th. So early any pics will need to occur on 19May18. More to follow.

That is wonderful Vycan!
I hope it works out.
We’d all love it.
Old 04-11-2018, 08:51 PM   #1111
Rivet Master

2005 34' Classic S/O
2006 39' Land Yacht 396 XL
north blenheim , New York
Nick, pics with you.....Ha ! Don't hold your breath ! Regards, Bob
bobmiller1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 03:48 PM   #1112
Rivet Master

Hey, you guys have respected my privacy wishes... I really enjoy this group. Sorry I take such a long time to open up. :-)
Old 04-13-2018, 05:26 PM   #1113
3 Rivet Member

1984 34.5' Airstream 345
Franklin Park , Illinois
Just checking in
I still really want to go to this
the RV is sitting in my driveway and I’m feverishly working on it
I did all the heater hoses this week. unfortunately I drop one of the house batteries breaking the casing but that’s OK both batteries were kind a toast anyway
Probably should work a new battery cables while I’m at it (i’ll just add that to the long list of things I need to do)
One of my rear airbags is leaking down but I think it’s a sticky air valve, or linkage to the air valve
I also want to check to make sure all my Engine belts are in line
Is there an easy way to do this other than removing everything up front?
I was thinking maybe one of those laser lights that throw a straight line laser beam? (just shine it down on top of the pulleys to see if they line up?)
I’ve had one of those weeks were EVERything I touch just turns to... poop
I also totaled my every day driver and toad car (2001 Honda CRV... light pole jumped out in front of me)
Also had to replace the battery on Mazda Miata... well that’s what I thought, but it was the starter
My driveway is littered with cars and one Airstream that are in the exploded view and in some sort of disrepair....
Maybe I should replace the cr-v with a heavy duty tow truck and pull the 345 to the get together... or would that just make it a trailer:>)
Oh ya I’m also trying to get together with davejay to get a pair of windshields (my driver side has HUGE crack in it)
So providing I can keep the heads on and not leaking, can see in front of me stop the air leaking, keep the knuckles lubed, the transmission in gear and the rubber on the ground...
(And the same for the Airstream) I’ll be there.
If you end up needing more sights you can kick me off the list, and I’ll drive my Miata up there and stay at a motel
Grosspoluter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 07:17 PM   #1114
Dazed and Confused

Currently Looking...
1983 31' Airstream310
Hillsburgh , Ontario
@ Grosspolluter

Look at the bright side......at least you're working on your Airstream; we're expecting an inch of freezing ice this weekend; it has only been above 40 degrees once, this month so far. John's pretty done with winter as well.

We may end up not de-winterizing the Mistress at all this year.

Cheers
Sidekick Tony

“It’s a recession when your neighbor loses his job; it’s a depression when you lose your own.” "Harry S Truman"
Isuzusweet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 03:50 AM   #1115
2 Rivet Member

2018 26' Flying Cloud
Thornton , Colorado
Classic Motor home get together

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tap View Post
I’m hoping to take the ferry across Lake Michigan. I’ve always wanted to do that. I know it’s pricey, but it would be fun and is sure a much more direct route for me from Minneapolis rather than going South or North of the long lake.
Attachment 308005

We travelled across Lake Michigan on the Badger. Nice trip. But what REALLY impressed me was watching the ship’s crew back our TV and trailer, all the way from the parking lot, across the ramp, and onto the vehicle deck, without so much a minor twerk in the steering. Absolutely straight line with a perfect arc of a turn into the starboard side of the hold. Dead center in the parking lane. WOW...

Incidentally, if your interested in this sort of thing... The ferry, SS Badger, is the ONLY remaining commercial Great Lakes ship propelled by a reciprocating steam engine. Probably one of just a handful worldwide.
Silverpuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 07:07 AM   #1116
Silver Bullet

1986 34.5' Airstream 345
choctaw , Oklahoma
tow truck visits'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grosspoluter View Post
Just checking in
I still really want to go to this
the RV is sitting in my driveway and I’m feverishly working on it
I did all the heater hoses this week. unfortunately I drop one of the house batteries breaking the casing but that’s OK both batteries were kind a toast anyway
Probably should work a new battery cables while I’m at it (i’ll just add that to the long list of things I need to do)
One of my rear airbags is leaking down but I think it’s a sticky air valve, or linkage to the air valve
I also want to check to make sure all my Engine belts are in line
Is there an easy way to do this other than removing everything up front?
I was thinking maybe one of those laser lights that throw a straight line laser beam? (just shine it down on top of the pulleys to see if they line up?)
I’ve had one of those weeks were EVERything I touch just turns to... poop
I also totaled my every day driver and toad car (2001 Honda CRV... light pole jumped out in front of me)
Also had to replace the battery on Mazda Miata... well that’s what I thought, but it was the starter
My driveway is littered with cars and one Airstream that are in the exploded view and in some sort of disrepair....
Maybe I should replace the cr-v with a heavy duty tow truck and pull the 345 to the get together... or would that just make it a trailer:>)
Oh ya I’m also trying to get together with davejay to get a pair of windshields (my driver side has HUGE crack in it)
So providing I can keep the heads on and not leaking, can see in front of me stop the air leaking, keep the knuckles lubed, the transmission in gear and the rubber on the ground...
(And the same for the Airstream) I’ll be there.
If you end up needing more sights you can kick me off the list, and I’ll drive my Miata up there and stay at a motel
You have quit the list still.
I had a '93 Miata. Towing it was like nothing was behind the 'Silver Bullet'. The trouble was I'd get in it and drive like was a 16 year old, the wife can't drive a standard, then I had to start wearing a brace on my clutch foot. After I spun out and kissed a curb I decided it was time for a new owner.
The AS does not look very good hooked to a tow truck. I've had too many tow truck visits: battery cable shorted to ground in the pre-dawn hours of rush hour traffic in Ft. Worth, transmission burnt on I-40 in eastern OKla, replacement transmission burnt up at almost the same spot on I-40, injector pump died (twice before I realized that AS had spliced the wire to the Holley pump and it wasn't always getting 12V), power steering pump died, Then the last tow truck ride was when I dropped a valve north of El Paco on I-25. Just not a good sight to see.
Thankfully I've forgot so others times.
choctawmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 04:51 PM   #1117
3 Rivet Member

1984 34.5' Airstream 345
Franklin Park , Illinois
So I’m backing out[emoji37]
I will not be going in my motorhome[emoji24]
I still plan to come out to see you all, at the very least for a day Saturday and or Sunday
I’m just way to financially strapped to risk any break down and then there’s fuel cost
Grosspoluter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 08:46 PM   #1118
Rivet Master

Supervisor said all should be good for FRI-SUN. To add to the fun we get off work early on Thursday, so we will start heading out on thursday, and will make it in around.... 2am? :-D

Kota,

What do I need to do, to reserve/pay for the spot? (PM is fine) Is it referenced in a previous post number?
Old 05-02-2018, 06:57 AM   #1119
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
1995 36' Classic 36
Ludington , Michigan
Happy May! After our extended winter this year. Ann and I drove up to Mesick yesterday to check out all our group of sites. Beautiful day with an unseasonably 83 degrees.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8099.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	666.2 KB
ID:	309972

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8095.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	572.0 KB
ID:	309971

Sorry for not being more engaged but as some of you know we care for my mother. It become a full time job since unexpectedly loosing my dad a year ago. We’ve been living with them since moving from Colorado back home over the past 3 years. Is been a difficult time for us. Today’s task I’d to move her from a nursing home after 6 weeks of IV antibiotic therapy for osteomyelitis in her foot to an assisted living facility. 24/7 care at home about killed us at home when she became immobile. Enough TMI!

We are really looking forward to getting away for a much needed break. We are heading up there on the 11th and staying through the 21st. The morel mushroom festival is the weekend of the 11th. Pretty much just a weekend deal. Should be pretty quiet after Monday.
Old 05-02-2018, 07:05 AM   #1120
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
1995 36' Classic 36
Ludington , Michigan
I’ve reserved the ten sites on the far west end. I paid $5 per site for the reservation fee. Any unused sites (or days) will have to be canceled by the 10 or 7 days prior to avoid charges. The $5 is on me!

I’ll post more in a few minutes.