Old 02-20-2015, 06:19 PM   #57
Rivet Master

1986 34.5' Airstream 345
choctaw , Oklahoma
Dang! Would love to go, BUT, those dates are already closed.
Any AS motor homes in the Parker, AZ area????
I'm at the Bluewater RV Park in Parker.

Old 02-20-2015, 06:50 PM   #58
Rivet Master

1991 35' Airstream 350
Carriere , Mississippi
Send a message via Skype™ to wxbuoy
Quote:
Originally Posted by tevake View Post
WOW Vycan, things do move fast in your world. I came across your post this morning, and find us committed by lunch time.
Just as well for me. I have challenges making plans much past next week.
And yours have come together so nicely. Good job there, thanks.

So, yes I'm in. And your itenary sounds fine. This will be my first planned gathering of this sort, and I'm really stoked to meet other streamers.
Glad to hear that the vintage trailer group will be coming also, should be an interesting, hands on crew.
Can hardly believe there may be not one but two classic pushers there.
(I keep thinking about that fixer in southern Az)

And Dave (Wxbuoy). come on out west to join us, looking forward to when we get to meet in person! Plus y'all seem due for some reward for all the efforts put into your coach. You have two months to bear down on any issues needed to be done before then. I have a functional galley we could share if yours is still in the works. Hope you can make it.

This will be a blast, thanks again Vycan.

Cheers Richard
Richard,

We would love too but are committed to a military appreciation rally at the base in Pensacola, FL (home of the Blue Angels).

We are pushing along and hopefully will have it ready to go next time you have one! "functional Kitchen" Whats that? Does that mean you have a sink or a stove or are you one of those fancy coaches that have both and they actually work!

Old 03-04-2015, 11:28 AM   #59
Rivet Master

1994 36' Classic 36 Diesel
Manhattan , Kansas
Team,

Just received two $25 gift certificates from camping world for the rally. Any last minute additions? We still have an open spot.
Old 03-14-2015, 05:19 PM   #60
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
1995 36' Classic 36
boulder , Colorado
Just got my April schedule. Looks like we will be able to go. At least for the beginning. I have to work Sunday but may be able to trade the trip and get another day or two. Any spaces left?
Old 03-14-2015, 06:06 PM   #61
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
1995 36' Classic 36
boulder , Colorado
We will probably head down a couple days early.
Old 03-15-2015, 12:36 AM   #62
Rivet Master

Manhattan , Kansas
Dakota, we have one space left, and you have it! We won't be there until noon the first day for check in. PM me your number, if you don't mind, and I will call when I get back from my trip around 10APR15.

If more people want to go the group sites are still open and some are two site ones, so just need to pair up.
Old 03-17-2015, 08:04 PM   #63
Rivet Master

1986 34.5' Airstream 345
choctaw , Oklahoma
Dang! After rechecking, I may be open on those dates!!!! I need to wait till I get home from being a 'snowbird' (for the first time) and check, but I think I can make it! So much so I'd be willing to sent a check:<) Somewhere?
Well be home (Oklahoma) next week.
Old 03-18-2015, 12:17 AM   #64
Rivet Master

1989 34.5' Airstream 345
Hanalei, /Chino Valley , Hawaii / Arizona
Great Choc, glad to hear that you may join us in Colorado.

I was just cruising thru Parker last week and was thinking we just missed crossing trails there.

So now I may yet get to check out the most refreshed engine in the airstream Moho world.

So far Vycan is covering the fees till we get there.

Vycan, if you would like some $s. Up front PM your details to us.

This gathering is drawing closer, and I'm getting stoked.

Cheers Richard
Old 03-18-2015, 01:22 AM   #65
Rivet Master

Manhattan , Kansas
choctamel, you can definitely join us. Please contact the park and reserve the two-site campsite in our group area. I wish I could be more help, but I am currently on restricted bandwidth and with little time available. If you get the two-site one reserved, you have to pay twice as much as the rest of us, but someone might jump in. Or as another option you can stay at the same park, and just swing by. I do not have phone access until 5APR15.
Old 03-18-2015, 09:14 AM   #66
2 Rivet Member

1992 35' Airstream 350
Frisco, CO/Scottsdale, AZ , Denver, CO
We live in Frisco, CO in the central mountains and keep our 350 on our property. We travel over mountain passes regularly with no problem. Just keep to the right and get behind the trucks. There are good campgrounds around Lake Dillon with plenty to do in the area. It's only a 1 hour drive through the Eisenhower Tunnel from the west side of Metro Denver and you're out of the city. We're in if you do it somewhere besides the RV parks along the front range and schedule it sometime between mid to late summer.
Old 03-20-2015, 09:11 AM   #67
Rivet Master

1989 34.5' Airstream 345
Hal-Gen, I've only passed thru Colorado a couple of times. But hear "the front range". Mentioned in a way that seems a bit derogatory, is there a Colorado THING here that others may not know about?
Your 350 seems to be the located closest to our event, will you still be in Az. In mid April? It'd be nice to have you join us for this first get together.
It would be great to have some local knowledge on hand for further Colorado adventure planning.
Here's hoping you can make it.

I have been driving my 345 frequently thru Scottsdale on the way to a friends place in Paradise Valley over the last year. Nice area in the winter.

Cheers Richard
Old 03-20-2015, 02:52 PM   #68
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
1995 36' Classic 36
boulder , Colorado
Quote:
Hal-Gen, I've only passed thru Colorado a couple of times. But hear "the front range". Mentioned in a way that seems a bit derogatory, is there a Colorado THING here that others may not know about?

It's where all the people are! Most of us head west up into the hills to escape "The Front Range" on our time off. That said, there are a lot of nice things to see and do along the front range. There was discussion about having this get together in the mountains but concerns about the potential of winter storms in April and driving the mountain passes were considered.

Hopefully a future get together can be held in the hills.
Old 03-20-2015, 03:21 PM   #69
Rivet Master

1989 34.5' Airstream 345
Ah now I get it. Thanks Kota. Not being a city guy myself, that does make sense.
Old 03-20-2015, 04:38 PM   #70
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
1995 36' Classic 36
boulder , Colorado
Quote:
Ah now I get it. Thanks Kota. Not being a city guy myself, that does make sense.

I looks like a nice park and I'm looking forward to a local trip to check out the winter projects and maintenance. Can't wait to check out the new exhaust brake. I've been across most of the mountain passes in Colorado and Wyoming without one. Technique is very important.