Old 04-12-2018, 09:14 PM   #2423
Keen amature

1975 20' Argosy 20
Chestfield , Kent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danec020 View Post
http://www.airstreamclassifieds.com/...-20-louisiana/

Not mine but an hour away from me if anyone is interested. I might be able to Go down and take a look for you. It is too high of a price in my opinion since it has original flooring and 100k on motor. Guy was on forums for a bit.

Dane
This 20ft has a new name, Ruby and is currently being driven back to Boston by its new owners!

Last reported sighting was Hattiesburg, MS.....I think they are coming straight past your place Brad!

martin300662 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 07:06 AM   #2424
Rivet Master

1974 20' Argosy 20
Richmond , Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by martin300662 View Post
This 20ft has a new name, Ruby and is currently being driven back to Boston by its new owners!

Last reported sighting was Hattiesburg, MS.....I think they are coming straight past your place Brad!
I just got a PM from the new owners. I'll let you know if they wave when they pass by!

bkahler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 07:47 AM   #2425
Keen amature

1975 20' Argosy 20
Chestfield , Kent
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkahler View Post
I just got a PM from the new owners. I'll let you know if they wave when they pass by!

Jami has also posted on the member introductions page.

I don’t want to jinx their trip but so far the only “on the road” issue has been the horn being a little temperamental....long may it continue that way!
martin300662 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 12:30 PM   #2426
Rivet Master

1984 31' Airstream310
Honokaa , Hawaii
'92 350 LE in Arizona:

https://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/r...563710093.html

and oddly, what I guess is a different coach of the same model and year in the same place:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/AIRSTREAM-S...19.m1438.l2649
Waipio Rim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 07:21 PM   #2427
Airstream Driver

1997 30' Excella
Austin , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waipio Rim View Post
'92 350 LE in Arizona:

https://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/r...563710093.html

and oddly, what I guess is a different coach of the same model and year in the same place:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/AIRSTREAM-S...19.m1438.l2649
Anyone interested in bidding on the Ebay one, may want to contact me. I spent $500.- on inspecting it and have information that may interest you. Must have been a member of the Airforum for several years or I will not reply.
AIR #13
PeterH-Airstreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 03:54 PM   #2428
Rivet Master

1984 31' Airstream310
Honokaa , Hawaii
Another 350:
https://baltimore.craigslist.org/rvs...542885753.html
Old 04-19-2018, 06:03 AM   #2429
Rivet Master

2005 34' Classic S/O
2006 39' Land Yacht 396 XL
north blenheim , New York
The one in Baltimore seems doable. Regards, Bob
bobmiller1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 03:41 PM   #2430
2 Rivet Member

Barstow , California
Send a message via Skype™ to Y2k_Knight
I've been on this forum for a while but I'm not on owner. So, I sit and watch the comments and dream for my day to come.

Originally, I wanted a trailer. I remember how much fun I had camping as a kid and now that I have a 7 yr old daughter, I can't wait to start taking her on some cool adventures.

My wife is... less excited. ;-) She is from Colombia, there the guerilla's owner the mountains & forests. :-(
But, she is reluctantly giving in.

Now that we are getting close to purchasing, I'm seeing a MoHo would (31'-35') fit us better.

I'd appreciate some input from you all. Would you go after a cheaper deal and expect to put another $50k-$70k? Or look for something up to $50k-$70k and hope the previous owner did a good job of care/restoration?
- I saw a 310? In the south (Kentucky I think) that had a blown motor for about $6k.
- there's 3 in the forums classified ranging from $16k-$79k.
Y2k_Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 04:26 PM   #2431
Airstream Driver

1997 30' Excella
Austin , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2k_Knight View Post
I'd appreciate some input from you all. Would you go after a cheaper deal and expect to put another $50k-$70k? Or look for something up to $50k-$70k and hope the previous owner did a good job of care/restoration?
Try to find one in decent shape for around 20k and expect to put another 20k to make perfect for your needs. I do not recommend starting with a cheap disaster. If possible try to hire one of us to inspect it for you. Thats money well spent. Never buy unseen.
Good Luck
AIR #13
PeterH-Airstreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 04:46 PM   #2432
Rivet Master

1982 31' Airstream 310
champaign , Illinois
Quote:
I've been on this forum for a while but I'm not on owner. So, I sit and watch the comments and dream for my day to come.

Originally, I wanted a trailer. I remember how much fun I had camping as a kid and now that I have a 7 yr old daughter, I can't wait to start taking her on some cool adventures.

My wife is... less excited. ;-) She is from Colombia, there the guerilla's owner the mountains & forests. :-(

Now that we are getting close to purchasing, I'm seeing a MoHo would (31'-35') fit us better.

- I saw a 310? In the south (Kentucky I think) that had a blown motor for about $6k.
It's always best to buy one that hasn't sat unused for a period of time. Try and find one that has recently been on the road and "used". It's hard on the systems and mechanics to sit idle. It sounds "great" to find a lower mileage rig that has sat in grandpas barn for the last 10 years but it poses a host of issues.
mayco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 05:35 PM   #2433
Dazed and Confused

Currently Looking...
1983 31' Airstream310
Hillsburgh , Ontario
Quote:

IMHO if you want to take your family camping and have fun, I would take the $50-$70,000 you plan on spending on a moho and spend 1/50th of that to rent a cabin or even a Yurt at any campground and spend some quality time with your 7 year old, and your wife. You'll spend a lot more time with both, save a whole lot more money, and your marriage.

The amount you'll spend on a moho is only the down payment, especially with a Classic moho; there's $1,000+ for gas, for the season, money for campground sites and hook ups; budget at least $1,000 a year for maintenance, more still if you someone else do the work, storage fees if you can't park it in your driveway; the list goes on and on.

The reason I have a Classic motorhome is not to camp in, but to work on, and talk to other like minded (insane) people; it's an ongoing project that has taken 10 hours of working on it, for every hour of camping. Yes, I don't have to do as much now, as most of my restoration is done, (at least on the inside), but I still have rear airbags, four new rear tires, shocks, steering damper, taking apart all the sliding windows and replacing tracks, felts and sliders on this years list, ($2,500-$3,000 for just parts alone). The list never ends, and occasionally we go camping......with me praying that we make it there and back with no issues.....there are always issues.

At no time in your post do you mention you want a project.......you want to camp; DON'T GET A MOHO.

Cheers
Sidekick Tony

“It’s a recession when your neighbor loses his job; it’s a depression when you lose your own.” "Harry S Truman"
Isuzusweet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 06:19 PM   #2434
Rivet Master

1984 31' Airstream310
Honokaa , Hawaii
If that didn’t change your mind: some excellent advice above, although I have bought two of these sight unseen and lived to tell the tale. One thing to consider is how far afield you plan to travel. Most of the classics were built before ‘91, and are not practical to drive on the interstates. Our ‘84 stays off of the freeway as much as possible, if I try to keep up with the trucks I will break it. It has been across the country a few times at 55-60 mph, but it took awhile. It would be much more practical for shorter trips closer to home. Fuel injection and overdrive transmissions started in ‘91, those can keep up with traffic. The Viewrvs.com website has a few more classified listings and a great reference library.
Old 04-21-2018, 05:47 AM   #2435
Rivet Master

2005 34' Classic S/O
2006 39' Land Yacht 396 XL
north blenheim , New York
Tony, you hit the nail right on the head....could not have said it any better, Regards, Bob
bobmiller1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 12:38 AM   #2436
Rivet Master

1936 20' Clipper
1947 22' Liner
Curtis Wright
1989 37' Airstream 370
marshfield , Massachusetts
That was a lot of sage advice from a lot of folks who have walked the walk.
At some point or another we all said "why not?" We each took the plunge for the first time, and went out and bought Classic Motorhomes, and I'll bet none of us regret it.
If this is your dream, start living it! You're only going around once, and I'll bet your seven year old will think it's super cool.

If you can afford it, wait for Bob Miller to list his 325 for sale!!

streamquest is offline   Reply With Quote