Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums > Classic Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-15-2012, 02:44 PM   #21
4 Rivet Member

2018 22' Sport
Airstream Coach - Other
ancramdale , New York
we did check All the wires ...its most likely as you suggest Protagonist,a defective solenoid, or starter....i will pass on all your ideas to whom ever they will send to fix the problem... Thank you M.........P.S.in my next life i will become a mechanic!!!!
la nomade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 12:37 PM   #22
Rivet Master

1989 34.5' Airstream 345
Silverton , Colorado
Y'know, I forget what the little puppy is called, but under the doghouse, towards the front and central, is a small, mounted, cylindrical object with electical poles that went bad on our unit...it's about 4" tall, 3" round, and is an easy fix...anything by way of the doghouse is inconvenient, but this is at least on top...a good voltmeter will let you know if it's bad...
We live for the moment, 'cause when you get there, it's gone...
ScrapIrony-2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 05:26 PM   #23
4 Rivet Member

2018 22' Sport
Airstream Coach - Other
ancramdale , New York
thank you,the mechanic is coming on wed....i will give him a list of all the things to check suggested by all of you...and will let you know what he discovered...i called Sam's club and they where useless as far as finding someone nearby to come over....they wanted to send me a mechanic from Connecticut!!!!i Charging me a exorbitant amount of $$$ I am in the Hudson valley N.Y.had to call around and find someone nearby ,which i did...best.M
Old 04-19-2012, 03:54 PM   #24
4 Rivet Member

2018 22' Sport
Airstream Coach - Other
ancramdale , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waipio Rim View Post
We had similar symptoms on our last trip. Cables and terminals at the batteries were good. On ours, the cable from the positive post of the chassis battery attaches to a solenoid on the back of the battery tray. The cable terminal at that end had broken and was creating havoc.
just got the airstr.back from the garage..problem solved..it was the relay box behind the battries that went bad,i did put on the batteries turn off gadget and now hope for the best......they did not fix my horn,just put in a regular horn....i do want to get the original sound back somehow...this replacement will not do....thank you all for your help...i gave the garage a list with all your suggestions to be checked out....and they did....this forum is such a good thing....thank you all
Old 04-19-2012, 03:57 PM   #25
4 Rivet Member

2018 22' Sport
Airstream Coach - Other
ancramdale , New York
batteries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waipio Rim View Post
We had similar symptoms on our last trip. Cables and terminals at the batteries were good. On ours, the cable from the positive post of the chassis battery attaches to a solenoid on the back of the battery tray. The cable terminal at that end had broken and was creating havoc.
just got the airstr.back from the garage..problem solved..it was the relay box behind the battries that went bad,i did put on the batteries turn off gadget and now hope for the best......they did not fix my horn,just put in a regular horn....i do want to get the original sound back somehow...this replacement will not do....thank you all for your help...i gave the garage a list with all your suggestions to be checked out....and they did....this forum is such a good thing....thank you all