Old 08-20-2015, 10:30 AM   #1
4 Rivet Member

1986 34.5' Airstream 345
Sausalito , California
Send a message via Skype™ to Jenniflow
Back on the Road with the Ole Gal!

Well folks,
It's been a while but we're back on the road with the motyho, adding more How-NOT-to tales to our story, including:

1) I forgot that we'd asked NW Airstream to winterize the coach and I'd never ever winterized her before, so when I turned the water on and saw the water coming out the rear drain valve, I just closed it. Yes, I do have a Ph.D. Then I went inside because I heard water running. Everywhere. Water was running out of the bottom of the sink and into the shower and out of the water heater and generally creating a soggy mess in a few choice places.

No wonder I wrote the book on how not to do it. Thank goodness, now I have more material!

2) NW Airstream did fix our forward Fantastic Fan apparently, but we can't find the switch to turn it on because it was retrofitted and we don't remember where it was. They don't know where it was either but that's because the poor fellow who did it just had heart surgery and he's not available to tell us! They have been super great, this is just a weird glitch.

3) And I've got my eye on replacing what remains of the wool carpet (Yes, I have a Ph.D and yes I put a wool carpet in the motor home, and yes the bugs have been devouring it. So I'm starting to dream of a do-it-yourself floor replacement project.

It looks like Park Rose Auto Truck Repair in Portland (great guys!) has fixed the electrical problem that was preventing power from getting to the rear fuel pump (I'll post on that in that thread) and thoroughly insulated the new fuel line so I'm hoping we can drive at will.

I ran into an old moderator from these forums, Roger, two sites down from us in Jantzen Beach RV in Portland, but I've forgotten his handle and he drove off this morning. Maybe you remember him. He said someone here had converted their classic moho rear twins to a driver's side walk-around queen so now we're considering that. He's now driving a Born Free! Nice rig.

When we clean the windshield, I'll post a pic of Fantiglia Flamingo, our mascot, in the flamingo thread.

Lovin' our classic!

Jenniflow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 03:15 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1936 20' Clipper
1947 22' Liner
Curtis Wright
1989 37' Airstream 370
marshfield , Massachusetts
Did you mention that you had a PHD?

Glad to hear its working out for you.
streamquest is offline   Reply With Quote