Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-01-2015, 02:35 PM   #1

Monroe , Michigan
Available factory options?

My husband and I are sold on the 30' Classic, with the queen bed. Overall, the trailer is beautiful, though the options listed by the Airstream website and varous dealers seem rather sparse. Is there a listing somewhere of available options in fabrics, flooring, cabinetry, etc?

Since we absolutely cannot buy for 5 more years (husband's work schedule would mean an RV would just sit there for 5 years unused), so going to a dealer would pretty much waste a salesperson's time.
EtherealOde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 02:57 PM   #2
Keen amature

1975 20' Argosy 20
Chestfield , Kent
Quote:
Originally Posted by EtherealOde View Post
Is there a listing somewhere of available options in fabrics, flooring, cabinetry, etc?
Welcome to the forum, I am sure one of the late model Classic trailer owners will help you out , but at the bottom of the Classic page on the Airstream website is all the options and decors.

Also you may want to get one of the mods to move to post to the relevant trailer section as the Classic motorhome guys only really get interested after a unit is more than 20 years old and starts to leak and breakdown
martin300662 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 03:11 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
I'm In , Kentucky
Hello from central Kentucky and (almost) retirement.

The Airstream site has a lot of information, when I look at the Classic floor plan and click the See All link, it shows everything as standard. I don't see solar panel (just prewiring) so I'd think you'd want that. You'd have to read here and see what other people have in their trailer. You can always add on later if there's something else.

It may be a while to the actual retirement date but I think you should still go to an AS dealership to see what the current models have, including the accessories. Tell the salesman you're looking and if he wants to spend time showing you around then I'd consider that a plus for him and the dealership. Your best source of information is going to be a dealership and, of course, this forum
2004 4Runner SE 4.7L V8
Rich W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 03:25 PM   #4
Rivet Master

1974 Argosy 20
2014 20' Flying Cloud
Kooskia , Idaho
Options change year to year, and since you are 5 years out from purchase, I am not sure what value there is to knowing what is available in the 2016's as it surely will be different by 2021. But I do agree with others, a good dealer will be willing to tell you about current options if you explain what you are thinking about for the future.
idroba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 10:33 PM   #5

Monroe , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by martin300662 View Post
*snipped out a portion here*

Also you may want to get one of the mods to move to post to the relevant trailer section as the Classic motorhome guys only really get interested after a unit is more than 20 years old and starts to leak and breakdown
I'm sorry! New to the forums and all, I guess I got mixed up and posted in the wrong section. If a mod needs to move this thread, I totally understand...thanks. ^_^

I really wanted to get an idea of what options are available and where to find them listed so the hubby and I can keep up with changes until we are actually able to buy. There doesn't appear to be many available options though, does there? We've been discussing the probability that we might just have to go to a professional RV remodeling business to get any changes made. Like that flooring for example(the woven padded vinyl they have now), I really detest it.

Thank you for the replies, I appreciate the help.
EtherealOde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 08:22 AM   #6
Rivet Master

1974 Argosy 20
2014 20' Flying Cloud
Kooskia , Idaho
No, Airstream does not have much in the way of options these days. On my 2014 Flying Cloud 20' they were limited to an awning package for the road side and rear window, an inverter, a solar system, choice of range with gas oven or convection oven, countertop color (white or black) and ultra leather or cloth on the cushions. They do very limited custom options, each one no matter how minor costs a minimum of $500 plus the cost they determine for the change. So, essentially they don't do them. They seem to be selling all they can produce, so have very little incentive to do any special work.

I understand there are some custom aftermarket places which will re do any trailer, including new ones. I am sure it is not inexpensive though. Someone here may chime in on their experiences in that area.

Best to you in your retirement planning for an Airstream. They are a nice trailer.
idroba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 10:11 AM   #7
Rivet Master

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Battle Lake , Minnesota
With the popularity of the Classic, it's a good bet you will see it in a more compact size with all the gizmos, and possibly larger. In recent years they have produced them from 25' to 34'. Some items that were optional or aftermarket are now standard. Things will change in five years.

The Truth is More Important Than the Facts
dkottum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 10:23 AM   #8
Keen amature

1975 20' Argosy 20
Chestfield , Kent
Quote:
Originally Posted by EtherealOde View Post
I'm sorry! New to the forums and all, I guess I got mixed up and posted in the wrong section. If a mod needs to move this thread, I totally understand...thanks. ^_^
No need to be sorry, and I am sure no-one here will worry. The only reason I suggest to move is some folks link to the main Portal page (so see all current posts), others link directly to their forum of interest; so anyone linked directly to the model specific forum, in the trailer section could totally miss your post.
martin300662 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 10:26 AM   #9
3 Rivet Member

2018 33' Classic
Newport , Pennsylvania
I have a 2015 and I got the solar system from the factory and had them install a backup camera and I had the dealer hardwire a surge protector. pretty much all is standard I have dual a/c also

came from a motorhome and we love the AS
EarlM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 10:49 AM   #10
2 Rivet Member

2016 30' Classic
Lake Wylie , South Carolina
We ordered our Classic about a month ago and the only options available to us were the solar and awning package. We ordered it with those options and later found out that we could get the rear camera and I'm having them install steel valve stems to use with my Pressure Pro System. We are suppose to take delivery in December.
2015 Ram 2500 Laramie Mega Cab Turbo Diesel 4x4
Vietnam Veteran Army 70 - 71
Road Dog is offline   Reply With Quote