Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-20-2013, 09:30 AM   #41
Rivet Master

2016 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Wildwood , Florida
Send a message via Skype™ to wxbuoy
Quote:
Originally Posted by WineStream View Post
I just found this rally today as I was seeing what was on the calendar for the new year. I can't believe I missed the thread! Anyway, it'll be a tough sell to my wife since it's an 8 hour drive and with the kids in school it would be a drive Friday night, arrive Sat. at lunchtime, on night, then drive home type of thing. Those are tough to sell, rightfully so. But, we'll see what happens. I'll put myself as a maybe on the RSVP page.
I understand the issues of many miles with little time left to enjoy!! Would be great to have you if you can make it!!

I want to see this as an annual event anyhow. maybe we can move it to summer or on a holiday weekend for those with school or work commitments! I just pulled the date out if the hat, should have looked for a better (longer holiday weekend).

Give me a couple weekends next year that would be good for you and those with kids. Brad should have his argosy running by then. If ya cant make it I am thinking of putting up my drop cam or doing a live skype feed during the cocktail hour meet and great. You can always head out to the barn with a bottle of cab and join us from your moho remotely. Heck have a satellite moho rally!
Old 01-21-2013, 07:12 PM   #42
4 Rivet Member

2012 31' Classic
1999 36' Land Yacht Widebody
Andalusia , Alabama
We would love to come, but we will be going to ALUMAPALOOZA in Jackson Center, last week of May.
Since we live in Speedway, Indiana, we will be busy with the Indy 500 until then.
It would be a blast to get a bunch of Classics together.
Rob
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Madison10-10 003.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	60.0 KB
ID:	177168  
Robfike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 07:33 PM   #43
Rivet Master

Wildwood , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robfike View Post
We would love to come, but we will be going to ALUMAPALOOZA in Jackson Center, last week of May.
Since we live in Speedway, Indiana, we will be busy with the Indy 500 until then.
It would be a blast to get a bunch of Classics together.
Rob
Maybe we should look at rescheduling it in Aug or Sep so more folks could show up. What are people's thoughts?
Old 01-22-2013, 06:40 AM   #44
Rivet Master

1974 20' Argosy 20
Richmond , Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by wxbuoy View Post
Maybe we should look at rescheduling it in Aug or Sep so more folks could show up. What are people's thoughts?
No matter what date you try and schedule there will always be someone that will have a conflict. Since you're the organizer I say pick a date for this year and stick with it. Afterwards you can evaluate what date might work for the next year based on feed back.

Either way if my Argosy is drive-able I'll bring it if not then I'll just have a nice drive in the mountains with my TR4

Brad
1974 31' Excella trailer (parting out, as of 4/1/2015 I have wheels & windows left to sell)
bkahler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 06:40 PM   #45
Rivet Master

Wildwood , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkahler View Post
No matter what date you try and schedule there will always be someone that will have a conflict. Since you're the organizer I say pick a date for this year and stick with it. Afterwards you can evaluate what date might work for the next year based on feed back.

Either way if my Argosy is drive-able I'll bring it if not then I'll just have a nice drive in the mountains with my TR4

Brad
Sounds like good advice. I will stick with the current date. I hope to heck, mine is still road worthy I am starting some of the demo on the inside and water leak search..... I finally got my utility trailer with the tools I will need.... Now the abject terror has set in as it always does with these kind of projects... I keepi asking myself if I have bitten off more than I can chew!! I guess we will see.
Old 01-22-2013, 07:19 PM   #46
2 Rivet Member

1982 31' Airstream 310
Dayton , Tennessee
MoHo's on May?

After several weeks on the side watching Dave & Felicia put this together,
I thought it was time to RSVP & say we're looking forward to seeing you all.
This AirStream park is practically in our back yard. We have been there before, not in the Moho but just a drive thru to check it out. It is really a beautiful set up. I haven't seen any info about reserving sites so that we might be a small group together but if any plans have been made please let us know. Also if we can be of any help in any way we're both out of work
so have plenty of free time. Er, uh, I meant retired----Pete/Geneva
woodja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 08:21 PM   #47
Rivet Master

2023 30' Globetrotter
Pleasanton , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by wxbuoy View Post

Sounds like good advice. I will stick with the current date. I hope to heck, mine is still road worthy I am starting some of the demo on the inside and water leak search..... I finally got my utility trailer with the tools I will need.... Now the abject terror has set in as it always does with these kind of projects... I keepi asking myself if I have bitten off more than I can chew!! I guess we will see.
This is true. No one date is going to be good for everyone. Being that I have kids, June July and August are always better but even this year June wouldn't work. Pick the date in future years and see who shows up.
WineStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 04:03 AM   #48
Rivet Master

Wildwood , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodja View Post
After several weeks on the side watching Dave & Felicia put this together,
I thought it was time to RSVP & say we're looking forward to seeing you all.
This AirStream park is practically in our back yard. We have been there before, not in the Moho but just a drive thru to check it out. It is really a beautiful set up. I haven't seen any info about reserving sites so that we might be a small group together but if any plans have been made please let us know. Also if we can be of any help in any way we're both out of work
so have plenty of free time. Er, uh, I meant retired----Pete/Geneva
I was waiting to see what the initial response would be before I reserved an block of spots. I have been meaning to call them the past week, but with everything going on.... Will call today and put some spots on hold in one area. I will post the info as soon as I get it. Thanks for the offer of help! I have never been there before and it is a 5 to 6 hour drive so if you have any recommendations on where to reserve sites, please let me know!
Old 01-23-2013, 04:11 AM   #49
Rivet Master

Wildwood , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by WineStream View Post
This is true. No one date is going to be good for everyone. Being that I have kids, June July and August are always better but even this year June wouldn't work. Pick the date in future years and see who shows up.
Yeah, I know. But I am more pissed at myself since we were so eager to get together with others, that I forgot about the reasons we have issues with other groups... Not kid friendly week-ends, hard to travel long distances for just a week-end, etc. Just sorry I didn't plan better instead of getting carried away in all my excitement! Fall would have been better for most but with work commitments....

Will be working on a date for next summer (MoHo's II). With the Bash, Alumapaluza, and WBCCI International that leaves the later half of July and August. Maybe the first or second week-end in August 2014?
Old 01-23-2013, 10:42 AM   #50
2 Rivet Member

1982 31' Airstream 310
Dayton , Tennessee
Tcpc

Dave, I talked with one of the CG hosts this am. They basically have 5 guest sites together in one area with the probability of another & the possibility of yet another in the same area. And there are numerous other sites that would be available throughout the park but not necessarily in the same area.
The fee's are $15 per night, it's not necessary to pay in advance & they are
available for the weekend of May 17th with a reservation.
I took the liberty and had her write "Pete" across this block of sites to accommodate this group so the first 6-7 attendees could locate here.

So let's get going!
Old 01-23-2013, 05:53 PM   #51
Rivet Master

Wildwood , Florida
Pete, Yo the man!!!

Thanks, I have been two-blocked at work and didn't get a chance to do it. I guess all we have to do is call and get our name put on one of the Pete's LOL!

Thanks again!

So everyone go ahead and call and reserve your spot! We need to remember to leave at least one "Pete" there though! LOL!

Dave
Old 02-01-2013, 05:18 PM   #52
3 Rivet Member

2022 16' Basecamp
Currently Looking...
anywhere , Alabama
Would love to make it!

Watch WDCU-ers have fun, visit www.wdcu.wbcci.net
Sonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 10:50 AM   #53
2 Rivet Member

1982 31' Airstream 310
Dayton , Tennessee
Pete & Geneva have reserved site #12. The remaining sites are #10,14,16,18
& #15 & maybe #158. I'm told it would be OK to come a day early or stay a day longer. We may go Thurs PM.
Contact the CG host at the winter # from their web site.
TCPC Online - WELCOME

Hope to see even a small group--------Pete
Old 02-03-2013, 03:42 PM   #54
Rivet Master

Wildwood , Florida
Finally got a chance to call and reserve our site We (Dave and Felicia) are in site #14 ! Hope we get a few more takers!!

We plan on driving up on Friday. Maybe if Fel can get a half day on Thursday we might try to drive up. Not sure though. It will 12:30 by the time we leave and it is a 6 hr drive for us with us hitting Nashville traffic at 4:00pm!

Either way, it is going to be a great week-end! Looking forward to it. If you think you are coming please make your reservations.

I will bring the Wine for Friday night get together! If anyone has any particular requests let me know the varietal or blend.
Old 02-14-2013, 07:50 AM   #55
1 Rivet Member

1966 26' Overlander
1966 26' Overlander
1979 24' Airstream Excella 24
Jasper , Georgia
We'll be There!

My husband, Billy, and I have a lot at TCPC (Tennessee Cumberland Plateau Campground) very near the visitors' lots. And it just so happens that we are currently working on a Classic Airstream MoHo. We sure do have a lot of questions that some of you experienced owners/traverlers can help us with, so this rally is a real boon for us. Please let us know if we can help. We hope to be up there in mid to late April, as soon as we get our '66 Overlander cleaned up for the seaon. We won't be ready to bring the MoHo on this trip, but we will look forward to 2014.

Billy and Jaci Evans
jomama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 12:42 PM   #56
Rivet Master

Wildwood , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by jomama View Post
My husband, Billy, and I have a lot at TCPC (Tennessee Cumberland Plateau Campground) very near the visitors' lots. And it just so happens that we are currently working on a Classic Airstream MoHo. We sure do have a lot of questions that some of you experienced owners/traverlers can help us with, so this rally is a real boon for us. Please let us know if we can help. We hope to be up there in mid to late April, as soon as we get our '66 Overlander cleaned up for the seaon. We won't be ready to bring the MoHo on this trip, but we will look forward to 2014.

Billy and Jaci Evans
Looking forward to seeing you there! Our MoHo will most likely just be motorized tent by may! We will be bringing it and roughing it if need be so we can get ideas and advice from others!!

I should be a reel hoot! When I get to a real computer I will pm you our contact info.
Old 02-16-2013, 03:17 PM   #57
Rivet Master

Wildwood , Florida
MoHo's in May

Well, So far we have 5 RSVP'd yes and an additional one. So total so far is 6 ? If you haven't made your reservations yet, please do and post the site number.

Here is the info I have so far for the 6 possibly 7 visitor sites together (more available through out park) Thanks to Woodja for having them set aside!:

Site #
12 Woodja Pete & Geneva
14 Wxbuoy Dave & Felicia
158?

own Jomama Billy & Jaci

Jomama owns a site near the visitor area and can give us the local scoop. So Jomama, what's the local scoop?

Was working on a rally add/banner. Any artistic help would be greatly appreciated! Any idea's for a cheesy t-shirt?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	moho small banner.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	32.1 KB
ID:	179083  
Old 02-17-2013, 01:26 PM   #58
1 Rivet Member

1966 26' Overlander
1966 26' Overlander
1979 24' Airstream Excella 24
Jasper , Georgia
Scoop on TCPC

The plateau is beautiful in May - lots of plants in full bloom, and the weather is great.
All lots have full hook-up except no cable for TV. The visitors' lots have gravel drive-ways, concrete patios with picnic tables and are close to the clubhouse.
The clubhouse has a really nice fully-equipped kitchen, ice-maker, large screen TV, wifi, etc. There are also restrooms with hot showers. There is a large grill and picnic tables on the outside along with a few games such as shuffle board and horse shoes. The park has hiking trails and a small lake stocked with fish. We are asked to keep our pets on a leash, but there are plenty of walking areas.
Cumberland State Park is a 15-20 minute drive away and has a buffet-style restaurant - catfish is the specialty on Fridays. Very reasonable. Crossville is another 10 minutes down the road.
An earlier post said it was not wise to follow GPS directions into the park. So true! We were not pulling the time when we decided to follow the GPS off of 127 coming from the south, and we ended up on a pig trail where there wasn't even room for our car to turn around. We had to back out, and we thanked our lucky stars that we didn't have the trailer behind us. We have been told that a towing company is on call in the area and charges $200 to get you out. Must be in kahoots with GPS!
We look forward to meeting all of you.
Billy and Jaci
jomama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 04:46 PM   #59
Rivet Master

Wildwood , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by jomama View Post
The plateau is beautiful in May - lots of plants in full bloom, and the weather is great.
All lots have full hook-up except no cable for TV. The visitors' lots have gravel drive-ways, concrete patios with picnic tables and are close to the clubhouse.
The clubhouse has a really nice fully-equipped kitchen, ice-maker, large screen TV, wifi, etc. There are also restrooms with hot showers. There is a large grill and picnic tables on the outside along with a few games such as shuffle board and horse shoes. The park has hiking trails and a small lake stocked with fish. We are asked to keep our pets on a leash, but there are plenty of walking areas.
Cumberland State Park is a 15-20 minute drive away and has a buffet-style restaurant - catfish is the specialty on Fridays. Very reasonable. Crossville is another 10 minutes down the road.
An earlier post said it was not wise to follow GPS directions into the park. So true! We were not pulling the time when we decided to follow the GPS off of 127 coming from the south, and we ended up on a pig trail where there wasn't even room for our car to turn around. We had to back out, and we thanked our lucky stars that we didn't have the trailer behind us. We have been told that a towing company is on call in the area and charges $200 to get you out. Must be in kahoots with GPS!
We look forward to meeting all of you.
Billy and Jaci
Thanks for all the great info!

Depending on what time folks get there maybe we should do the catfish buffet on Friday or just have some grills ready to burn some meat

Looking forward to it!
Old 04-10-2013, 04:31 AM   #60
Rivet Master

Wildwood , Florida
Only 37 day days! E-gads do I have allot to do to the MoHo!

We have 5 folks that RSVP's they would be coming/camping:

3 Dog Night
Bfrank
PluffMudd
woodja
wxbuoy

Jomomma will be on site as well
bkahler will be stopping by on Saturday to hang out

I was going to bring some wince for the Friday night social. Any preferences?
I am a fan of all reds and will bring a wide selection if no one speaks up as to a preference.

Did anyone want to go to the catfish buffet or organize a pot luck?