Old 10-07-2011, 06:39 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

1990 25' Airstream 250
seattle , Washington
Airstream 250 value?

I have an Airstream 250 that I would like to sell...does anyone have an idea of what they go for now? Or a direction I can take to get that info? I noticed on here that Sonia just bought one. I don't know if it's inappropriate to ask what she paid but I'm at a loss finding what to ask for it...there just aren't any listed out there.

Old 10-07-2011, 09:09 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1989 34.5' Airstream 345
Saint Petersburg , Florida
Hi,
Good place to start is Fred's. I'll see if I can't post a link next. As well, nada.com is a source for finding what your unit originally sold for, and what it's 'value' is now. Now, since you have a 250, I'm guessing a 1990? nada.com does NOT give 'fair market value' or even replacement value either. My best bet would be, if possible, take your 250 to the closest Airstream dealer who would appraise your rig. Several factors are mileage, condition, what's been replaced, what needs to be replaced, condition of appliances (A/C, fridge, stove, furnace) engine condition, etc. LOTS of factors play into a unit's 'true' value. Me, I paid 20K for a 1989 345LE. Yes, I need a complete set of tires, well at some point before I strike off for more than 100 miles anyhow, but I still feel like I made a solid investment, in an Airstream that will last as long as my checkbook is fully stocked! No regrets here. But, to get a true value of your 250, I believe you have to be perfectly honest in all aspects of the vehicle's condition, extra options, etc. Thanks, Derek

Fred's Airstream Archives - Travel Trailers and MotorHomes For Sale

Old 10-08-2011, 01:37 AM   #3
1 Rivet Member

1990 25' Airstream 250
seattle , Washington
Thanks for responding. It is a 1990 AS 250. NADA seems rather low. I went to Fred's; he gave good advice; great website. Everything works, close to 40k, new tires, runs good I think, at least when we drove it a few weeks ago for a short run. There used to be Tveetens in Fife/Tacoma but they closed ages ago. But, come to think of it I think a new AS dealer in Covington opened recently...guess I'll run down there. I sold a 1986 AS 345 on eBay for 20k for my dad close to 7 years ago. They are very sad to let go of, but need to. Thanks for your help.
Old 10-08-2011, 05:23 AM   #4
Rivet Master

1989 34.5' Airstream 345
Good Morning, there's a chance that you can 'Private Message' Sonia to see what she's paid for her 250. From the photos, they look to be a great vehicle. Yes, nada.com is rather low, but they are just giving current value, factoring in depreciation over the years. Let's face it, 20 years old, is 20 years old. It's a great tool if you're looking at the ordinary used RV, but when it comes to Airstreams, they really don't have much to go on, but depreciation. Google if you want, 'Used Airstream Values' and see what you come up with. Tons of information out there about Airstreams. Actually, you may even go through eBay to see if there is still posted any Airstreams and what they've sold for. Know those ads on eBay are pulled fairly quickly, but there may be some still there.
Still, your 250 is probably only one of a dozen or more produced in 1990. I will end this, remember the way things are going now with the economy. What you could sell for 200K for a home 8 years ago, you'd be lucky to get 90K nowadays.
Best of luck, Derek
Old 10-08-2011, 04:41 PM   #5
Rivet Master

1989 34.5' Airstream 345
Silverton , Colorado
We paid a little over $22K for our 345 5 years ago, but that included a '95 Nissan Maxima with tow package and braking system...have sworn a bit, since then, but never(NEVER) regretted the purchase...we have spent about $2K per year in repairs, and a new set of tires is coming up real soon...rather spend it on the unit than any other amusement farm...
We live for the moment, 'cause when you get there, it's gone...
ScrapIrony-2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 07:26 PM   #6
Full Timers/Diesel power.

1983 31' Airstream310
Cactus Hug , Arizona
Got any pics? We're from Seattle and have some friends looking for a coach, but they want a diesel. I'm not sure I'd trust that new delearship in Covington, but let us know what your feeling is. Mileage, replacements?
Old 10-08-2011, 07:37 PM   #7
3 Rivet Member

2006 34' Classic S/O
1992 25' Airstream 250
anywhere , New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by kasey View Post
I have an Airstream 250 that I would like to sell...does anyone have an idea of what they go for now? Or a direction I can take to get that info? I noticed on here that Sonia just bought one. I don't know if it's inappropriate to ask what she paid but I'm at a loss finding what to ask for it...there just aren't any listed out there.

I sent you a PM.

Sonia
Old 10-08-2011, 11:05 PM   #8
1 Rivet Member

1990 25' Airstream 250
seattle , Washington
Mine isn't diesel. Close to 40k. As I'm new to forums of any kind, it will take me a bit to figure out how to post pictures, etc. I'm also in the process of cleaning out my garage to get all the stuff that pertains to it in one place so I'm on and off on here and haven't sat and figured it out....will do soon and send more details.
Sonia, I did send you a message back...I think it was a PM, but who knows what I'm doing. I don't see it here so maybe it sent properly or maybe it didn't send at all. Let me know if you got it.
Old 10-09-2011, 12:25 AM   #9
Rivet Master

1984 34.5' Airstream 345
Foothill Ranch , California
New Member Montreal is looking for one...
Old 10-09-2011, 06:59 PM   #10
3 Rivet Member

2006 34' Classic S/O
1992 25' Airstream 250
anywhere , New Jersey
Pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasey View Post
Sonia, I did send you a message back...I think it was a PM, but who knows what I'm doing. I don't see it here so maybe it sent properly or maybe it didn't send at all. Let me know if you got it.

Hey Kasey,

You got it! I replied...
Old 10-09-2011, 07:24 PM   #11

1983 31' Airstream310
Cactus Hug , Arizona
I talked with our friends in Seattle, they are interested. Put the coach in the Airforum classifieds with a price and pics.
Old 10-10-2011, 01:39 AM   #12
1 Rivet Member

1990 25' Airstream 250
seattle , Washington
Mike Leary -- didn’t go down to Covington to check out the new dealer there so can’t say what my feelings about them are. I need to take a bunch of pics; just recently got our stuff cleaned out of it.
Do you know what your friends ball-park price is…that’s an awkward question, I know.
Surprisingly, we didn’t have to put much money at all into our AS, that I can remember. We bought it used (3 years old) 18 years ago and sometime after the transmission was slipping, it was covered by warranty, but we upgraded to a heavy duty one so paid more out of pocket….probably unnecessary. We weren’t heavy long distance users; usually weekends and vacations, especially during the winter…love winter camping. Long trips: Calif a couple times, MN once, Canada-Cultus Lake lots (not that far), but most weekends we went to La Connor, Bow (Mt Vernon), Pacific City or Chehalis (we belong to Thousand Trails). They are all under 90 miles one way. The last 8 years it hasn’t been used at all as my husband was sick/passed away, hence why I’m selling it.
Crazeevw…tried looking all over eBay, any 250 old ads are all erased, unfortunately. I’ve googled away looking for AS 250 prices, but can’t really find an ‘answer’. Lots of general info, AS history, but really not much about the 250.
Tried looking for a Montreal member on here but can’t find one…I’ll probably get the hang of using these forums about the time I sell it.
Well, I got wordy here…I’ll get some pics up soon; my dilemma (see original post) is the price.
Old 10-11-2011, 10:13 AM   #13

1983 31' Airstream310
Cactus Hug , Arizona
I did some checking, also, not much info, either. That seems to be a rare coach, I did not know they even made a "shorty". My friends in Seattle are doing some checking, and will send you a PM if they decide they want to see the coach and make you a offer. Good luck.
Old 10-11-2011, 08:52 PM   #14
Rivet Master

1989 34.5' Airstream 345
Hi, this is what I could find on Airstream.com. Yes, it is for 1992, but should give you some idea of what your possibly went for new. If I can find anything else out there, I'll be sure to post. Thanks, Derek
http://www.airstream.com/files/libra...ae6e9853dd.pdf