Old 07-18-2013, 07:36 AM   #15
3 Rivet Member

2008 16' Safari
1990 29' Airstream 290
stanfordville , New York
thank you for this very constuctiv and creative solutions...i will look into it...fortunately the weather is back to normal nova scotia temp....the first thing i will have to do is remove all that silicone that the ac man put on,that will take some doing....will ask the local fisherman as to where to get the fiber glass material,maybe one of them can help me ,they fix their boats with it.....will keep you posted....this forum is the best!!!!!thanks

Old 07-18-2013, 07:44 AM   #16
2 Rivet Member

Wetaskiwin , Alberta
Quote:
Originally Posted by la nomade View Post
thank you for this very constuctiv and creative solutions...i will look into it...fortunately the weather is back to normal nova scotia temp....the first thing i will have to do is remove all that silicone that the ac man put on,that will take some doing....will ask the local fisherman as to where to get the fiber glass material,maybe one of them can help me ,they fix their boats with it.....will keep you posted....this forum is the best!!!!!thanks
I didn't notice you were in NS. Best place to find the fiberglass kits for you would be Canadian Tire or any Home Hardware.

Old 07-18-2013, 10:04 AM   #17
2 Rivet Member

Wetaskiwin , Alberta
..... Walmart, NAPA, Bumper to Bumper.......
Old 07-18-2013, 12:28 PM   #18
3 Rivet Member

2008 16' Safari
1990 29' Airstream 290
stanfordville , New York
yes,i summer in nova scotia...would be happy to host any a.streamers...i am near liverpool on the south shore....off to canadian tire with my shopping list .....
Old 02-17-2014, 04:21 AM   #19
3 Rivet Member

1981 28' Airstream 280
Austin , Texas
Hi, I had that problem on my rear Ac two years ago. I went to Home Depot(hardware store) and bought a putty like JB Weld putty that you have to kneed in your hand for about 20 seconds to activate it. It's is used on water pipes and is sometimes called aqua weld. After you kneed it, you just have to press form it into all the cracks. I had several cracks from tubing connections and the pan in several places. It only takes a few minutes to cure. I turned on the Ac and let it run for a long while without the bottom shroud. It has worked perfectly.
Old 02-17-2014, 04:23 AM   #20
3 Rivet Member

1981 28' Airstream 280
Austin , Texas
Pls make sure you buy the stuff for water leaks.
Old 02-18-2014, 07:30 AM   #21
3 Rivet Member

2008 16' Safari
1990 29' Airstream 290
stanfordville , New York
my front a.c. was beyond fixing it with putty!right now la nomade is covered and surrounded by snow,after all those storms we do not know where to put it anymore...i have to wait for it all to melt,and a sunny day with a minn.of 54 degrees to install the pan which was lined with fiberglass.So i will not know if it works for a while.Eventually i have to take apart the rear A.C.which also leaks and if the cracks in the pan are not too bad i will try the putty first before i remove the unit to get to the pan to line it with fiberglass...will keep you posted....
Old 02-18-2014, 08:09 AM   #22
Rivet Master

1981 31' Excella II
New Market , Alabama
I would just nix the pans and let the water leak on the roof. You would have to remove the units or at least flip them upside down so you can get all the old caulk off the roof. Most units use some thick foam rubber to make the roof seal. The newer Dometic units have a drain kit that sorta works. The pan was an Airstream part and I am not sure they make them anymore but you could call them. The pan would fit any AC unit and just funnel water from the top of the pan to the drain. I think the pan was caulked to the roof and then the standard foam gasket was used to seal the AC unit to the top of the pan. If you remove the pan and get a new foam gasket, most of your problems will go away. Water will leak down the sides of the trailer but so does mine with the Dometic Drain kit.

Perry
Old 02-19-2014, 07:53 AM   #23
3 Rivet Member

2008 16' Safari
1990 29' Airstream 290
stanfordville , New York
air stream does not make the pan anymore,that was the first thing i checked...comes spring ,i will take apart the rear a.c.and see if i can apply your idea of fixing the leak problem,if cracks in pan are not too bad i may just first try the putty....
and or try your solution.....thank you Perry....