Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-12-2015, 09:06 AM   #1
Rivet Master

1994 36' Classic 36 Diesel
Colorado Springs , Colorado
AC High/Low pressure switch bypass

Team,

Just wanted to poll the room on how many people have done this?

Well... I cannot blame bypassing the Hi/low pressure switch on the PO. According to the literature I read on the part it does both duties and requires adjustment. However I can blame allowing the AC system to short on the PO which fried the Hi/low pressure switch. To be fair I tried to replace the switch, but the requirement to use schrader valves must not have been in place at the time of manufacturer, so after accidentally venting a good bit of R-134a I managed to get it back on.

I now use an AC manifold. I leave mine connected, and check on it at every stop. However this is six to eight hours between stops so it's not that often.
Old 01-12-2015, 04:32 PM   #2
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
1995 36' Classic 36
Ludington , Michigan
Mine has a Schroeder valve and the high pressure side of the switch had failed. Its possible the valve is stuck open or the rubber seal is bad. Some of the "factory" wiring on mine is pretty shoddy. I've had to redo several circuits as I've tracked down problems. Mostly due to poorly implemented crimp on connectors and bad grounds.

I check the high and low side pressures at the beginning of each season. So far it's run within specs.
Kota is offline   Reply With Quote