Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums > Classic Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-17-2007, 08:09 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

Ac/heater Controls In Dash

The plastic housing holding the ac/heater/fans controls in the dash has cracked on both ends thus has become loosed from the dash. has anyone replaced one of these/tracked down a new part?
mlmarch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 06:29 AM   #2
Rivet Master

1984 28' Funeral Coach
Belleview , Florida
MLMarch, if you could help us to help you ... we will. Please let us know what year and model coach you have.
You can also post this info in your profile.
I understand that AS used MOPAR controls on some of the coaches... but don't have that for certain.
Anybody else care to chime in here.
Oh, by the way....Welcome to the fun house! Let us know more about you and please post some photos for us. Where are you?

Edit: Wow! Hang on there. I now see you've been around here since 2003. 1985 345 mentioned in some of your prior posts. So we have the same dash. Come visit a little more often fella.
Glen Coombe AIR #8416
1984 28' Funeral Coach
Former Rolling Showroom & PuttLab (now party bus)
"I'm not an expert. But I did sleep in an Airstream last night."
GlenCoombe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 07:50 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member

Glen
i have an 85 345 as you found out. i would love to spend more time using my mh and thereby spending more time in the forums. it just boils down to too many things to do that do not use my AS. love it, in fact it is our second mh, just love the siler bullet shape. in fact i am redoing the interior some what before camping season. i had pulled the old carpet a few years ago and installed a floating laminate flooring. had a water leak from the ice maker and it ruined a few of the panels. never did like the way the flooring terminated against all the built-ins(too many gaps etc). so now i am going to put in a glue down cork tile flooring, with recycled rubber tiles for the drivers area and the raised section at the toilet. Never understood why you would put carpet next to a toilet and on the floor in front of it.

I have one other thing that I would like to fix-the control panel does not read the level of propane correctly(always full). any ideas?
mlmarch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 01:39 PM   #4
3 Rivet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmarch
The plastic housing holding the ac/heater/fans controls in the dash has cracked on both ends thus has become loosed from the dash. has anyone replaced one of these/tracked down a new part?
Yes! I have replaced mine twice. 1990 345 Classic. It is a Dodge control head. I took old one into my laocal Dodge dealer and they just matched it up. It broke again several years later. This time I fixed up metal brackets to hold it in place so the force was not just on the plastic tabs. By the way they also broke in my Dodge panel truck.
Howard Lefkowitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 02:13 PM   #5
Rivet Master

2017 27' Flying Cloud
2016 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Altoona , Florida
I have a 1990 250 classic - yup, you guessed it - the side that holds the blower motor speed switch broke. I manufactured a bracket out of .04 aluminum and pop riveted the thing together. so far so good.
Poprivet is offline   Reply With Quote